Prinzide User Reviews

Prinzide - User Reviews

Prinzide User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prinzide sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sunshine2010, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

This medication is very effective in lowering Blood Pressure. Mine was down to normal with one week. The side effects are something you need to adjust to. I am very tired by afternoon, and I do experience some light-headiness. But overall, this medication has been very effective in lowering my blood pressure.

Comment from: VA girl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 07

I have been taking Diltaizem XT for about a year, but it was barely controllin my HBP. I started taking Prinzine (10-12.5) about 6 months ago and my BP is great! I had it checked the other day and it was 108/63! I coughed some at first, but that disappeared. No other problems.

Comment from: Nurse, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

I have been coughing ever since I started taking it.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 10

I've been on Prinzide 20-25MG for 6 months and it has been fabulous. When I started my blood pressure was 180/110. Within the first month's checkup, it was down to normal limits. A common side effect is a cough, which I did not have immediately but did experience a cough around 2-3 months of starting it, but it only lasted about a month and never really that disruptive.

Related Reading: Prinzide | cough

Comment from: babytigger_1977, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 14

i have high blood pressure and i was takeing atenolol & it made me light headed my blood pressure was not going the way i wanted it to. but when i switched to prinzide oral i have only got a little cough every now and then. i can handle a little bit of a cough instead of high blood pressure but everyone experiences things differently.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | atenolol

Comment from: Wasatch Front, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

Had to increase my first dose, but had started at smallest to see if it would work. Doubled my dose and it is working fantastic now!! BP at normal. Do get dizziness occasionally, fatigue a lot, and dry mouth with a super mild cough. I take my pills at night so I can just sleep through the worst of the dizziness. Now, as long as I am careful when standing or bending over, I am pretty much fine. Losing some weight and my doctor says we may be able to lower my dose soon. Not had any allergic type reactions, which is good because it is super easy for me to react to things.

Related Reading: dizziness | fatigue | dry mouth

Comment from: lisinopril, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 14

does this have a dide effect of coughing?

Comment from: David Ramos, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

Iam slurring my words Iam not thinking right,iam jering my legs my arms I don't feel like myself

Comment from: smoky, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 09

No side effects but took 6 months to work.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 15

It caused my throat to swell and I have a hard cough. I just got off of it.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

This drug has given me no side effects. I take the smallest dosage available and then take 1/2 tablet in morning and the other 1/2 at night. That seems to keep my blood pressure level.