Pristiq User Reviews

Pristiq - User Reviews

Pristiq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pristiq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: audrey, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 17

i truly thought that there was a magic pill out there that would cure my depression and anxiety. i have been on 9 different medications since 1998 most recently Pristiq. NONE of the medications i have been on have helped because there is no magic pill. i am NOT telling anyone to stop their medications but i am saying (for most people out there) you have to face what is depressing you-- figure out what it is and try to make peace with it. i did not deal with problems in my life and let them pile up and in 1998 it hit me like a ton of bricks and i ran to the doctor (which at the time i needed on medication to help) but nothing "fixed" ME. i am still depressed my anxiety is better but i have realized my depression is because of choices/decisions i have made in my life, some from 30yrs ago. i am writing this because if i can make just one person understand that there is no magic pill,i put all my hope in a pill and i was let down time and time again. please talk to someone or a support group to help you identify the source of your depression and anxiety and seek help with dealing with the problem. you might benefit from counseling AND medication. i have not. please take care of yourselves and God Bless you all. i wish you all the best.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety | Pristiq

Comment from: nes85, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 27

Before starting Pristiq I had trouble concentrating, I was always tired and I was an emotional eater. Pristiq helped me within a week. I no longer emotionally eat; I have actually lost 25 pounds because I now have the energy to exercise and I am no longer obsessed with food. I feel like I am more positive and upbeat. The best part is that I can now focus and complete a task instead of my mind running 100 mph without solving anything. It has changed my life, I would recommend this to anyone that has low energy, trouble concentrating, or if you are an emotional eater.

Comment from: MaryShowie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

I hate to break it to you folks, but you could not feel better hours after taking this for the first time. I have tried every kind of antidepressant known to man. This has worked. No side-effects, it took some time - but IT WORKS. Don't listen to all the negative reviews. Everyone has a different chemistry so what is deemed "horrible" for one means in no way, shape, or form that this is the experience you will have. A definite plus is that Wyeth will pay 50% of your co-pay for the course of your treatment because it can get pretty pricey. I think there are a lot of drama queens/kings leaving feedback. It works - if you have tried everything else to no avail, give it a try - after all, what have you got to lose??

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

I started taking Pristiq about 2-1/2 months ago after trying many different antidepressents that didn't seem to do much for me. The first week was absolute torture. I had never felt so bad before, dizzy, nausous, sleepy and just totally out of it. I actually missed a couple days of work because of it. After I got through the first week the side effects got much better during the second week. By the 3rd week I was feeling very good. I am so glad I stuck out the side effects because I feel the best I've ever felt. No side effects at all, I am so happy now. Everyone I work with and family and friends have commented on the amazing change in me. This drug is awesome once you get past the side effects.

Comment from: deb, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 30

Started it 1 week ago. I felt better after the third day. I take it in the morning because it's a mood lifter. I love the time release factor. It helps me feel good all day and tired when it's time for bed. The doctor gave me a 2 week sample. I hope it's not to expensive, as I have no insurance. I have had no side effects and will continue taking this.

Comment from: Scott, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

I've had an amazing experience on Pristiq. Within just a couple days, a calm seemed to descend on every aspect of my life -- I had greater peace of mind and was more able to enjoy the small moments. It's now been 2.5 months, and it's still great. Anxiety and performance fear also greatly reduced. I had previously been on Lexapro (1 year) and Zoloft (off and on for 10+ years), and so far Pristiq has been far superior for me. Great results without feeling "drugged". Noticed a decrease in appetite, but not nausea. Other than that, no discernible side effects. In fact, sexual side effects seem less than Lexapro and Zoloft. Don't normally post to these things (never have, in fact), but wanted others to have the benefit of a positive experience. Thanks.

Related Reading: Lexapro | Zoloft | sexual

Comment from: annabella, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

What I want to stress is NOT that this is the best drug for depression out there, but rather that it is the best drug for depression FOR ME. I've been on Celexa, Lexapro, and Cymbalta before starting Pristiq, and none of them worked nearly, even half, as well as the Pristiq (plus, they had horrendous side effects). I had no idea before I began taking the Pristiq that the experience of taking an SSRI could even be this satisfying...it is seriously as if I am taking nothing, but I feel normalized after serious and prolonged depression. No side effects (okay, some teeth clenching and foot shaking, but that's nothing compared to the others I tried), works like an amazing charm. The moral of my testimonial is that you SHOULDN'T GIVE UP! Keep trying different antidepressants until you find the one that works FOR YOU! Everyone's brain chemistry is slightly different, so what works for me isn't necessarily the answer for you. But there is hope (I had nearly given up on the whole SSRI thing)! Keep trying!

Related Reading: stress | Celexa | Cymbalta