Pristiq User Reviews

Pristiq - User Reviews

Pristiq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pristiq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 03

I am writing this to warn others of the life threatening nature of this drug. My husband cannot write this himself, because he died last year due to an extreme low sodium level caused by taking this drug. In his final hours, he lost the ability to speak, started having severe seizures, and he died within 4 hours of arriving at the hospital. He had gone to his doctor twice in the preceding 2 weeks and reported his flu-like symptoms, but they just dismissed it as a common virus. Within 3 days of his last doctor visit, he was dead. PLEASE, if anyone experiences any of the side effects such as body aches, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, headaches, confusion, etc... do not wait...insist that the doctor check your sodium level immediately! By the way, in the total 3 months that my husband took this drug, it never did make much difference in regards to treating his depression either.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 30

I have been taking this medication for 3 weeks now and I have never felt better. I have used many different anti-depressants and Pristiq has changed my life. I feel like I'm in the clouds and I have nothing to worry about. I am usually stressed out and crying all the time, picking fights with my loved one but everything has been great for me. When I start to think negative, I start to think of all the postive things in my life. I LOVE IT!!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

I had gone to my doctor last week explaining that the antidepressant medication that I had been taking on and off for 9 years was not taking care of the anxiety and fibromyalgia pain I had been experiencing. She introduced me to Pristiq and gave me several weeks of samples. I really had hoped it would work with the holidays coming and having kids at home, etc. I also feared changing my antidepressant at this time because I didn't want to be more messed up than I already was, especially over the holidays. The next morning I didn't take my normal celexa dose (40 mg) and I started the pristiq (50 mg). I could not believe the difference in how I felt and almost wondered if it was all in my head since I had felt so bad for so long because of chronic pain issues, migraines, daily headaches, TMJ jaw pain along with facial and head pain, fibromyalgia symptoms and chronic cervical and shoulder pain. I felt like doing something for the first time in a long time!! I felt like life was worth living again and that I do have alot to look forward to in life. I felt like I used to feel and I truly never thought I would "feel" that way again because of the 25 years of pain issues I had been experiencing. I have only taken pristiq for 5 days now, but I have only ever had a negative reaction to an antidepressant change in the past. Because this is a "brand" prescription I am hoping my insurance pays decent, otherwise I will what the pristiq has that the generic brand effexor XR does not have since effexor is also an SNRI. I am sorry to be so lengthly, but to feel so well is definitely something I want to share with others in depressive states with pain, depression, and anxiety issues. Good luck to you all!!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | chronic pain | effexor XR

Comment from: benniesmom, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 19

This medication is wonderful. I've taken everything from Wellbutrin,Zoloft,Remeron,Paxil. All of these helped somewhat. But nothing is a great as the Prestiq! It has completely taken away my depression. The only side effect I can complain about is moderate short term hot flashes. I went through menopause several years ago and I thought they were gone. But now I get them sometimes but not bad. I can live with them if I can feel this good. I feel "normal" now which is something I haven't felt in at least 30 yrs. I thought someone should say something good about this medication since it seems that the only people who post are the ones with a bad experience. I say it's great!

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | Remeron | Paxil

AMAZING!!!! I noticed a complete change in my well being and quality of life within a week of taking the drug!!!! God bless who ever made this...I feel like I'm human for the first time I can remember in so long!!

Comment from: Depressednomore, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

I was diagnosed with chronic depression in 1978 and three years ago with bipolar disorder. I've taken more antipressants than I could possibly count, none of which have had more than a minimal effect until I started taking PRISTIQ! About 5 weeks ago my doctor took me off a combination of EffexorXR and Wellbutrin and prescribed Pristiq in their place. He continued my use of Lamictal. The change has been dramatic. I just woke up one morning suddenly realizing that I wasn't depressed and I remember thinking "Oh my God, is this was normal people feel like?!" It happened quite suddenly. I'm still feeling some of the confusion and disorientation associated with major depression however my doctor says that these symptoms should subside. I've also noticed a decrease in my need for Xanax and my insomnia has all but stopped. I only wish is that something like Pristiq had been available 40 years ago!

Related Reading: bipolar disorder | Lamictal | Xanax