Pristiq User Reviews

Pristiq - User Reviews

Pristiq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pristiq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

Pristiq has calmed me down alot. I can think of other things besides bills and cleaning. It has made me able to slow down a little and enjoy my everyday life. I've only been on it for about 6 weeks now, but so far so good!

Comment from: LifeIsGood, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

Use of this medication has changed my life. I have been taking Pristiq 100 mg. for 3 1/2 months now. I have used numerous antidepressants over the years. Never found one that I felt I could continue on due to side effects and lack of emotional feelings. I began to feel better within 1 - 2 weeks of taking it although t took about 2 months of taking this medication daily to eliminate some of the initial side effects such as inability to fall asleep and some crazy dreams. These side effects were minimal compared to benefits of this drug. First time I've ever felt I can continue taking a medication to keep myself from the continual ups and downs that depression and anxiety has caused in my life. My advice to anyone is to not give up taking it too soon. I am happier and have more energy than I've had in 30 years (since my teens), yet still have the ability to cry when appropriate and has not diminished sexual desire as so many other medications have done in the past.

Related Reading: antidepressants | teens

Comment from: drugskeptic, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 20

Tried every drug & even considered shock treatments. Lived in my bed 8 yrs.since the loss of my 18 year old in a car accident. Dr. asked me to try this, said it was new and talked me into it. I have a long way to go but I can see a light at the end of my tunnel now. I pray it continues to help. Many times I had planned my suicide, written my obituary, etc. but I didn't want to put my family through any more pain. I am so thankful my Doctor heard things I wasn't even saying. Give it a try!!!

Related Reading: shock | suicide

Comment from: suzQ, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

Am so happy to have found a drug that motivates and energizes me after taking so many that just zone me out! Have also lost the 8 pounds that I packed on when taking Lexapro. Depression is gone and I'm feeling better than ever after only 2 weeks. WOW!

Comment from: NYC girl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

I love this medication. Before I was on prozac for 12 yrs and tried lexapro too. The prozac stopped working and the lexapro did nothing. This new drug not only helped my depression but it took away my food obsession. i used to eat nonstop and now i eat my meal and dont even think of food anymore. Instead of living to eat, im eating to live. I only had mild nasea in my first couple days, now no side effects other then loss of appetite. I sleep great and the depresssion is gone. I dont obsess over things like i did either. taking 50 mgs currently once per day.

Related Reading: prozac | sleep

Comment from: Tessa, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

I have only been on this medicine for three days but noticed a change in how I felt after only two hours. I asked to change meds because the Cymbalta I was on made me want to sleep all the time. After over a month you would expect that to wear off some but, NO!!! I almost fell asleep behind the wheel twice, decided it was time for a change. The doctor prescribed Pristiq. After two hours on it I got a burst of energy and actually felt like doing something. The next day I felt very bubbly and happy for the first time in months and MOST important of all is my sex drive came back. Mind you I was not on the cymbalta for years either so that may also be a reason I had a change so soon, mabey not. Yes I have side efects. I have the ocasional dizzy spell and slight insomnia but, considering all the other side effects I have had to deal with, I am more than willing, and happy to soilder on and see if I continue to feel as good as I do now,even though it is so very early on in the treatment. My family deserves a happy person, not a mean, snappy grouch.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: Lablady, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 28

I started off with Lexapro and it wasn't working so my Dr. changed me to Pristiq 100mg. and its worked wonders. I no longer cry over the smallest thing like I use to. I became depressed after having a few surgeries 6 months apart and I felt like I would never get better. I had no side effects at all. I would recommend this to anyone having depression.