Pristiq User Reviews

Pristiq - User Reviews

Pristiq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pristiq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jo-Ann, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 30

I have tried over 7 or 8 of the top medications for depression and found the best results with the least amount of side effects with Pristiq. I am not bipolar. I have been diagnosed with depression for over 30 years. Prozac was my first medication but life circumstances worsened my depression. Only my faith kept me from ending my life. I pray for all of you reading this who can relate to the tremendous pain of depression. God bless and hope you keep trying these new meds that are out there.

Comment from: JusMe, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

I feel fantastic now. Pristiq works very quickly for me, but it can be awful if I miss a dose. Remember to take it at the same time every day since it is a time released tablet. I am so glad I asked for something. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

Comment from: tolbirt, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

I have chronic pain issues due to multiple health problems. In addition, I have severe depression that has plagued me severely for 7 years. While going through every medication known to man, therapy, etc. nothing worked for me. Ive been on every antidepressant on the market, as well as the "rider" meds to help them work. This medication has been a Godsend for me. Its helped my severe anxiety and I, for the first time in years feel like I have hope, can see the future with promise again, and enjoy getting out of the bed and spending time with my kids. Hooray to the makers of this medication! If you are new to antidepressants, you may need to try a different route first. But as a sufferer of SEVERE depression for years, it really has worked better than anything. The dark cloudy tunnel is gone!

Comment from: Bogey5, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 02

Just a little background. I suffered a severe neck injury( 3 surgeries) that rendered me disabled way before my time. Became depressed after I had to resign my job and give up golf and other activities that I loved. I tried several other meds but between the constant pain of my injury and the depression I could barely get out of bed. My Dr. put me on wellbutrin at first and it helped for awhile before I fell back into a rut. Then he suggested 100 mg prestiq ALONG with the wellbutrin and everything just clicked. I know that this may be an strange combo but I also know that it has worked wonders for me ! I have proof every morning as my first hour of the day is still brutal until the medication takes hold. I now have the energy and resilience to face each day in a positive manor. A little wordy here but if I can help just one person it's worth the extra typing. I now have a renewed and much needed energy level and feel light years better than I had before.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

Switched from Lexapro and dropped 40 pounds. No reduced libido or other major side effects. Pristiq was a much better choice than Lexapro (for me) and I wish I had the option to try it sooner. Losing the weight made me feel better about myself (being overweight perpetuated the depression).