Proair HFA User Reviews

Proair HFA - User Reviews

Proair HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proair HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 19

The inhaler container should have a counter on it. How is a patient supposed to know when he/she is not getting the correct dose becuase it is impossible to tell when the canister is empty.

Comment from: dissapointed, Female (Patient) Published: June 30

ProAir frequently clogs and never really seems to dispense properly. It's effectiveness is a large step backwards from fast acting inhalers 10 years ago. It cost more than 2x the previous prescriptions I have had. I would suggest finding a new medication if possible. This is a waste of money. If you are having an asthma attack you are in trouble. There will be a law suit. This medication does not do what it claims. F-

Related Reading: ProAir | asthma

Comment from: cindy, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 07

i used albuterol before and don't feel that the lasting results are as good with proair

Comment from: Ticked off, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 25

they came out with the "new" inhaler like pro air which realllllllllllllly sucks. Not only does it not work well at all but runs out of medication way too soon. what a useless product.

Comment from: PUPPY0566, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 15

THIS INHALER CONTNUALY CLOGS AND I WASTE QUITE A BIT OF MEDICATION

Comment from: CWO, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 18

I am with everyone else on this one. This medication sucks!!! I miss my old inhaler. I used to take one puff of my old inhaler and feel fine for a very long time, sometimes even day. This inhaler is very ineffective and I have to take it constantly. I don't understand why we can't have our old inhalers back. This is ridiculous. Many people are suffering now because of someone's bright idea to take away medicine that actually helped us.

Comment from: Sarah, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 31

ProAir is more expensive and ineffective. I've had asthma for over 15 years and the old inhalers worked but this one does not send the medication to the back of my throat to breathe enough medicine to make any difference. They should discontinue this product it provides no relief for a very serious condition.

Comment from: embi, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I have received three ProAir canisters that stopped propelling far before the canisters were empty. My pharmacy referred me to the lab that made them, and the lab said that they had a "lot of complaints recently" and had Teva's number at his fingertips... Upon calling Teva, I ended up with a recording requiring me to leave a message for a return call. Still waiting. It could be very dangerous to be out - say, riding my bike in the mountains and get caught in a rain - and have my inhaler decide not to work even though it is STILL FULL. My question: why doesn't anyone post information on defective drugs (or defective batches) to make this easier for the consumers to get replacements?

Comment from: Raven, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 28

I HAVE HAD ASTHMA FOR 15 YEARS. THIS NEW INHALER IS CRAP!! IT DOES NOT WORK PERIOD.

Comment from: Gary, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

ProAir does not work for me, give me my cheaper CFC based inhaler. This stuff is not what I thought it was and I am looking for a replacement. Oh, and it costs more. I have mild asthma and the generic worked well. Be careful and see if it works, for me it does not.

Comment from: TabsT, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Ever since they came out with this "new environmentally safe" inhaler my asthma attacks have gotten worse. This new PROAIR sucks big ones. I want the old albuterol back. I have used many inhalers and medicines in my time to know they have NO idea what they are doing. I bet the people changing them don't even have asthma. Plus the insurance coverage is crappy too. It's not just my insurance coverage it's many different plans. I hope they read these and take into real consideration what the actual consumers are saying.