Proair HFA User Reviews

Proair HFA - User Reviews

Proair HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proair HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

I had used albuterol in the past and expected ProAir to be the same. It's NOT. I only used it two days before I was overcome with uncontrollable coughing episodes. I used it once on the third day prior to using Flovent and found that the effectiveness of this therapy to be lacking. I would not recommend ProAir at all. It's a shame we can't use the effective product that has helped so many.

Related Reading: Flovent

Comment from: Mom of Asthma patient, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 02

This medication is garbage! You can thank the liberal environmentalists--I guess it's better to "think" you're saving the environment than to KNOW you're helping children be able to breathe. Save the trees, kill the humans apparently.

Comment from: mhb1004@ecu.edu, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I am an incrediably, healthy 20 year old college student and started using this product a few days ago. I was feeling awful before and after using the product and just assumed it was allergies. However last night is when i figured it out. I was feeling ok but was having a somewhat hard time breathing so I decided to use my inhaler. It can only help right? No not at all. Within 10 minutes my hands started tremoring severly and my noes became all stuffy, very stuffy. I began to feel as if my throat was swelling shut, along with my noes. I was having a really hard time breathing. I began coughing and had to drink a lot of water to help relieve me. My temples have been hurting and I have head unusual headaches the past few days. My hand are still trembling today and its been well over 15 hours. Very scary experiance and the symptoms were occuring all weekend but I was finally able to pinpoint them from what had happened last night. Please be careful, this product did not help me at all.

Comment from: mzkmom, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 22

I HATE IT!! I want my albuterol back please! I am more tired and believe it is due to the fact that this product does not do the job it should be doing!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

The worst decision that healthcare providers could have made...

Comment from: Choker, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

I have been on inhalors for over twenty years. PROAIR is almost worthless. I used to take two puffs of Proventil at night during hay fever season and I would be fine until morning. I have been taking this far more often and never really clearing up. Besides that my mouth and throat burn. Really bad stuff.

Related Reading: Proventil | hay fever

Comment from: carciola, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 21

I am 34 and have used inhaler's since I was 3. The new inhaler,maybe safer for the environment, but I have to use twice as much to get the same results. Now the OTC stuff is going off the market for the same reason! This is a practically useless product!

Comment from: asthmakidsmom, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 13

This inhaler can be ineffective on asthma. My son had a mild asthma attack but the proair did not help. Within 15 minutes he was passed out and the EMT's had to intubate him. He was in ICU for three days. Needless to say he went back to his Ventolin, which has always worked and he has been fine ever since.

Comment from: Anniemee, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

What's scary is they call this a "rescue" inhaler. If I was really having an asthma attack, this would be worthless. I don't get much if any relief from it. My experience with this new-fangled inhaler has caused me to have considerable resentment toward tree huggers. Third world countries are still using the CFC inhalers, which ARE effective, but here in the USA it's illegal to use them or import them. And the cost! My CFC inhaler was $8, and the new ones are $50 even WITH my insurance card. I was totally shocked. Why does the government think we will always have enough money to pay for their big fat ideas?? I don't know who forced this on us, but I think it's a very serious mistake.

Comment from: xpromise1thingx, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 11

I absolutely HATE proair. It doesn't work for me at all and I am scared to exercise or do anything that will cause an asthma attack because I know the proair wont help. I think we should be able to get albuterol again. I think this whole "going green" was a good idea, but it failed. I would rather be able to breathe well than know that I am making our world a little greener. How is that going to help when all of us are dying from asthma attacks. I am very frustrated with this product. I don't feel safe using it. I use it a lot more frequently than I did the albuterol and it doesn't even work. I am very disappointed, and hope that maybe in the future they will switch back to medications that actually work.