Procardia XL User Reviews

Procardia XL - User Reviews

Procardia XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Procardia XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sweetnector, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

I am 5 months pregnant and I use this drug for pregnancy induced high blood pressure. Another drug I was taking caused me to have high count of enzymes in my liver. My doctor was about to send me to a specialist until my Fetal Maternal Medicine Dr prescribed this. It is much better tolerated for my organs and my pressure is regulated with 1 pill, 60 mg a day instead of the 500 mg, 3 times a day of Aldomet I was taking. I did experience headaches for the first 3 days, but after that, every thing has been great. My pressure went from 158/101 to 127/70 within 1 week's time!

Related Reading: pregnancy | high blood pressure | liver

Comment from: sweetnlo, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 16

My pressure was up and down,my legs and ankles swelled beyond belief,I developed a cough.also short of breath,along with long urinating.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: john mac, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 05

I have taken this drug for 15yrs and no side effects maintaining a blood pressure of 130/78.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

I have taken this drug for a little less than 1 month. The day I took the first pill, 60mg, my blood pressure was within the low normal range. However, the ankle and lower leg swelling was not acceptable. Also, more frequent and lengthy urination. The drug also caused headaches. I have stopped taking the medication and am starting a daily exercise program.

Comment from: OnyxLatina30, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

This medication HAS kept my BP down...usually about 116/80, BUT the side effects for me are: terrible headaches that pretty much start when I wake up and last all day until I go to sleep, also I feel light-headed, jittery and very nauseated all day. I feel bad all the time and it is hard to function at work...I will most likely have to try something different.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

my feet are so badly swollen I can't get my shoes on.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

rapid heartbeat

Comment from: b1, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 27

It worked well for my high blood pressure , but cause some stomach issues.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 16

I have been using this medication for three weeks and have noticed that my legs and feet began to swell, had cramps and a headache. Will have to discontinue and address the BP through diet and excerise.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: pam, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 16

I have been taking this drug for almost 2 years and have had no side effects. It has kept my B/P at 130/78

Comment from: MamaMitrou, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

It is effective at lowering BP while taking it, but I would prefer something that addresses the cause, not the symptom. If BP increases once off of it, then the problem hasn't been resolved.

Heart Health