Procardia XL User Reviews

Procardia XL - User Reviews

Procardia XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Procardia XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: West Girl, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 19

Started this drub for high BP and Raynauds. It worked very well, but after 5 months (60 mg dosage), hands started to swell and I've had a horrible rash. Have taken none for 5 days now and still have itchy rash. Did have very tired muscles and severe cramping with this drug,too. Wish the side effects weren't so bad.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: m.saucer, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

I have been on procardia for 2 months. Changed to this medication I was trying to get pregnant at that time. I have been several medication to lower my BP and this one worked. The only side effect I suffer is extreme fatigue. About to lower dose.

Related Reading: procardia | fatigue

Comment from: PROCARDIA XL, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

i HAVE BEEN TAKING PROCARDIA XL (90 MG) FOR 1-1/2 MONTHS. IT LEAVES ME WITH A SHAKEY FEELING AND QUEASY STOMACH. ALSO MY LEGS ARE VERY TIRED ALL THE TIME. MY DR. PUT ME ON THIS MED. I WAS ON TOPROL XL PREVIOUSLY.

Related Reading: PROCARDIA XL | TOPROL XL

Comment from: mslydia1, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 03

This drug started out as being a wonderful drug. It kept my blood pressure very low. I have been taking this drug for over 15 years. I was borderline hypertensive and now with hindsight, I should have never let a doctor talk me into going on meds. He never indicated diet and exercise. Nevertheless, even though the drug is keeping my blood pressure down, I am now developing chest pains, and difficulty breathing if I am even hours late taking the drug. I dont feel like its helping my cardio problems at all, but it helps my blood pressure. Does that make sense? The longer you take it, you develop other problems.

Comment from: renonevada, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 11

I have been on this medication for 11 years, no problems including taking it during pregnancy. I have a family history of high blood pressure, and was sad but not surprised to start taking this at 30. It still works. I can say that I have told my doc in recent years that I have lowered libido, and she told me it could be due to this drug, but she didn't offer any other remedies either. It may be helpful to hear that in case you have a similar experience.

Comment from: Mrs.Dee, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 09

Took this medication for over 5 yrs. to treat Raynauds and had nothing but problems, especially swelling. Started out just hands and feel and got so bad that is was a total body problem. Had to take increasing doses of diuretics and potassium. I needed to increase the dose, but couldn't handle the fluid problem. Have just been put on Norvasc and am hoping that this will work, although I feel that there is still some swelling. My MD had started me on a very low dose and will increase it slowly, but it has to help my Raynauds w/o the swelling!

Related Reading: diuretics | Norvasc

Comment from: pauline, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 08

feal that it has lowered my blood pressur with the outher med i take for blood pressur ateolol avapro

Related Reading: avapro

Comment from: potcojp@gmail.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been taking this medicine for 10 years.B/P improved but the side effects are bothersome.

Comment from: glenn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

fast hartbeat