Procardia XL User Reviews

Procardia XL - User Reviews

Procardia XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Procardia XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: shantelle brown, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I've been on this medication for about a week and a half. And so far im suffering from mood swings, slow heart beat and shortness of breath.

Comment from: Sara1, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 21

after having preeclampsea, my BP's were still elevated and am on beta blocker therapy. I still have high BP's and Im only in my 30's. When I get bp readings over 170's/100's I call my doctor "1st and formost" to advise of the situation and take my procardia with drops of about 20 points S/D within about 20 mins. As instructed, may increase with an additional dose of 30mg if still over 150/100. S/E include headache, and gerneralized fatigue ( like I'm zoning out.) Hypotension occures for about 20min with the increased dose very infrequently. I will usualy have a small sip or two of chicken broth for a small dose of sodium if that occurs. All in all, for the 2 to 3 times a year this happens Niphedipine (Procardia) has worked for me and I am very happy this medication is avalible for use.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

This treatment has worked fairly well

Comment from: leoandson, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 01

This medication gave me several side effects, vomiting, dizziness, cramping of muscles, and very frequent long urination. Also, I am nursing and my baby was very fussy the whole day. I stopped taken it in one day after talking to my physician.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 16

Works great, I have not had any side effects

Heart Health