Procardia User Reviews

Procardia - User Reviews

Procardia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Procardia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mandolin, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

At first i felt a lot of warmth in my fingers and legs.. Almost like a flushing but, that went away and now this medication is working just fine! i don't take it to close to bed though because it still causes me to expierence those flushing sensations (only at night) overall i would recomend this medication!!

Comment from: nrj, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 26

Overall, this medication has helped me manage my blood pressure since being prescribed during my second pregnancy, but the side effects have been unforgiving. I have been taking 90 mg Nifedipine for 6 years now. Since taking this medication I have experienced Tinnitus, poor gum health - which constantly needs treatment, tremors (shakiness), bladder issues, body stiffness, occasional headaches, and some edema. I think long term use of this medication should be discussed with a specialist. I have decided to seek alternatives to this medication.

Related Reading: pregnancy | Tinnitus | tremors

Comment from: kazu, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 26

blood pressure consistenly runs low

Comment from: sha, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 18

Taking both generics of this drug nifedipine and nifedical XL.I take 30 mgs 2 daily for 1 year. Headaches,pain right arm,pain and stiffness neck and shoulders, pain back,numbness and tingling in feet and tooth and gum problems. Trying brand now,may be better.Very sensitive to meds and ingredients.

Related Reading: gum problems

Comment from: Dissatisfied, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

This medication lowered my blood pressure so much that when I was asked to stand on the scales, I almost fainted. They used this to stop pre-term labor, but it made the contractions worse. At the time, I was 29 weeks along, and they adminstered once again for pre-term labor at 31 weeks, much to the same affects. The only thing that stopped the contractions was magnesium sulfate. If you are a pregnant patient, with the same issue as me, question the docotr on this choice.

Related Reading: magnesium sulfate

Comment from: MOMMA, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

I went into labor at 22 weeks and they had me taking 10mg.It worked to stop labor.Then at 31 weeks I went into labor again. they put me on 20mg and so far seems to help but still have contractions off n on.Pretty satisfied.

Comment from: Wendy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

I was on this medication for high blood pressure, raynauds syndrome, and chest pain I was having. I started on 30mg. I noticed that I was having stiffness in my neck and shoulders and then would get a horrible headache in the back of my head. I continued the medication for 3 weeks to see if I would get use to it. I also get close watch of my BP to make sure it was staying within a normal range. I also was making sure that it wasn't due to my BP dropping too quickly as I am a RN. Anyhow, the stiffness in my neck and shoulders, as well as the headaches would not go away. So I had to go off this medication. Other than that it was working well for the raynauds, BP, and chest pain, but I could not live with the constant killer headaches.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | chest pain | headache

Comment from: jc, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 03

when I was pregnant with my second child the doctor stop my other med for hbp, and starded on this one works real good to lower hbp but it mess my teeth and gum.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 31

I was put on Procardia in February because of reoccuring blood clots in my hands and feet. It worked great, and no more clots, however, during a 3200 mile road trip, I deveoped severe edema in my feet, ankles and calves. The edema would only partly resolve with elevation of my lower extremities. So unfortunately I had to stop taking the 30 mg tablet daily. Since I tend to only get the blood clots in the Winter, I'll have to find an alternate drug to dialate my blood vessels this Fall.

Related Reading: Procardia | blood clots | edema