Procardia User Reviews

Procardia - User Reviews

Procardia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Procardia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

i am on this for early labor and it works but the side effects are horrible. headeaches, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness,etc.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Grateful, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 23

When I became pregnant my physician switched my High blood pressure medicine to Procardia XL as it was safer in pregnancy than the Norvasc and the HCTZ. It worked very well. I took one pill/day. I was able to carry both my girls to over 37 weeks. It has worked so well, that we've decided to continue its use. So, I've gone from two pills to one!

Related Reading: Procardia XL | Norvasc

Comment from: difaz27@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 09

noticed a purple blotch on my arm

Comment from: donna3boys2002, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

Immediate onset of headaches (and I never get headaches), depressing thoughts (again, never a problem for me), anxious, stressful feelings not previously experiencing. Tried to hang in there for 1 month. Things only got worse. Also, hives 6 or 7 times during the month (but I do get hives for no apparent reason, sometimes)

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: kmart5115, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 22

I developed allergic lumps

Comment from: sugarbritches, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 03

My Mother was prescribed this medication for Angina and as a result she had the worst swelling in her legs, feet and ankles. She is so bad that she cannot walk, even after er physician took her off the medication a month ago. The pain she has from the swelling is moving up into her hips.

Related Reading: Angina

Comment from: paintimage, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

Took this drug for burning in hands due to Raynaud's. It caused severe hot flashes. After 1 1/2 months, had to switch to different medication.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: difaz27, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

have not had chest pains since taking this drug.

Comment from: Shirley, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 28

I have been on this medicine for years, the 30 mg. My blood pressure began to go too high so the Dr. put me on 60 mg. Now I have been having nausea and dizziness after breakfast. I didn't think about it being my bp medicine until I read this article.

Comment from: Concerned, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 20

I went into preterm labor with my daughter at 16 weeks. Keep in mind this was 15 years ago. I was given the drug Procardia to stop my labor. I took this until I was close enough to deliver my daughter safely. I have recently been in touch with the FDA and have been told this is a Class C drug and should not be given to pregnant PTs as it can cause birth defects. My daughter was born without a uterus, she has a partial cervix, only one kidney, enlarged optic nerves and hypothyroism. She also suffers from incontinence, AHDH, OCD tendencies, bi-polar, and has impulsivities. While no studies have been done on pregant women this drug has every ability possibly to cause these defects. It has been found in lab specimins to cause toxins in the placentia, amino fluid, and in the fetus. It can even caused the death of the fetus. They again have not been able to study this in pregant women because it is unethical - the words from the FDA - not mine. Please talk with your Dr about the risks of this medicine before taking it. Research it. If I had to take it over again, I would think twice. I had to be the one to tell my daughter she cannot give birth to a child ever. She may eventually go blind from glaucoma. She will be on meds the rest of her life. She will suffer from the embarrassment of incontinence. While yes this drug stopped my labor and I gave birth to her one week late, I feel it also played a role in her birth defects. Please be careful!

Related Reading: birth defects | glaucoma