Procrit User Reviews

Procrit - User Reviews

Procrit User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Procrit sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: croux, 65-74 Female Published: December 31

I have not taken this drug, but I think that anyone taking it or thinking about it, should read the book,"Blood Feud", by Kathleen Sharp. She tells of its development and how Johnson and Johnson committed fraud, and gave massive incentives to doctors to use it; pushed it in dangerous doses;promoted it for unlicensed, illegal uses;defrauded Medicare of millions of dollars; and used phoney studies to promote it. The dose of 40,000, according to the book, is extremely dangerous. Additionally, when a J&J rep brought problems to the attention of management, he was systematically harassed and finally fired.

Comment from: Sad in Texas, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: June 10

My dad was given high procrit doses for MDS from a quack doctor in Youngstown, Ohio Cancer Center. He suddenly developed rapid growing lung and liver tumors. Three days after his death we read the FDA article that says it can cause tumor growth. My dad might be alive if he didn't take this drug. He also had circulation problems in his foot and almost lost it, probably from this. DON'T USE PROCRIT!

Related Reading: liver | tumor

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 22

if The kidney doctor attempts to inject over 15000 in my arm every other week I get migraine headaches - My blood count stays between 9 and 9.5

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: Ricardo, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I have esential thrombocythemia and myelofibrosis. My red blod cell count falls and I get procrit shots to bring it back. I am 80 years old.

Comment from: gLevel2@hotmail.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

Procrit is being used to treat my condition of sickle cell amemia. My physician hopes to reduce the amount of frequent crises attacks sometimes leading to hospitalization. The 40,000 units that I am on has resulted in a stable HgB level but still on the low side of the normal range (6.5 g/dl). Often times I feel more lethargic than energetic within a 24-48 hr period of receiving injection. Sometimes a hunger headaches developes or minor sickling attacks. Overall the good outweighs the bad a the present time.

Comment from: April, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 10

I am appalled at side effects, which I was not informed about. I have been given Procrit for MDS and I had no idea what this drug could do to ones brain and body.

Comment from: rdy2226, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

prescribed to me under a medically assisted weight loss program.

Comment from: ann, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 18

I found out this was a huge help in loosing weight''''

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Huge change in exercise tolerance. Went from not being able to do anything to being active again.

Comment from: Dean L., 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 25

Either my doctors are using it wrong or with the wrong expectations. I'm still taking 2pts of blood a month for my red blood cells.

Comment from: barb, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 29

This medication has worked well for me, I need it due to Kidney transplant, old kidneys were removed, Doctor doesn't give it unless blood count is 10 or below

Comment from: MDS, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

Diagnosed with MDS. This is first treatment step. It has performed as expected however my condition dictates that levels will fall. The next step is Chemo and perhaps procrit. To be determined as time progresses.