Proctofoam HC User Reviews

Proctofoam HC - User Reviews

Proctofoam HC User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proctofoam HC sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Galileo1962, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

I had acute radiation proctitis (inflamed rectum--a side effect from pelvic radiation). Proctofoam greatly relieved my discomfort.

Comment from: jack2700, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

The product works fine but is very expensive. I've found the two active ingredients over the counter which I can easily combine and apply, works as effectually and costs 1/5th the price.

Comment from: retired teacher, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

Extreme bleeding and painful hemorrhoids. Beneficial effect from this medication almost immediate. I have not bled in days. Dramatic improvment.

Related Reading: hemorrhoids

Comment from: DaLiLfbia, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 11

I am currently using this product for hemmroids and an anal fissure. It does burn a little for a few moments after using it, but it works great to relieve the pain from painful hemmroids and fissures.

Related Reading: anal fissure

Published: November 27

bad

Comment from: DJven, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 08

If you have hemroids don't bother with Preparation H. I have found nothing over-the-counter that works. Proctofoam HC shrinks/heals hemroids if used properly. It is, however OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. I cannot imagine why one little cortesone foam dispenser should cost $75-$100 or more.

Related Reading: Proctofoam HC

Comment from: Tiny dancer, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I currently have an anal fissure which feels like I'm giving birth through my rectum each time I have a bowel movement. This is the most pain I've ever gone through, and it's EVERYDAY! Proctofoam really hasn't made much of a difference for me. I still am in excruciating pain. I feel like the topical lidocaine the doc gave me numbed the area better. I hope this helps!

Comment from: jj, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

After giving birth I developed hemorrhoids. Although I still have them, this medication has made me more comfortable. It has a numbing sensation and soothes the area. My only complaint is that the foam sometimes leaks out of the applicator wasting it. It was also expensive, even with insurance. But it has provided some much need relief.

Comment from: jack2700, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

Medication is expensive and not much more effective when you use the same medication over-the-counter in a cream or ointment. The number of uses you get from a 10g canister is inconsistence...I got ~25 uses from one canister and only 10 from another. I contacted the makers customer service about the normal number of uses and never got a reply. If they can't answer a simple question then they won't get my money.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

Treating thrombosed hemmorhoids

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

Found it is very important to wash all the parts to this medicine or the medicine will come out under the tip and waste. Had bleeding for over a month using it 2 times daily. Went up to 3x daily and it stopped the bleeding in 1 day.

Comment from: reality check, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

I recently developed hemorrhoids and my doctor prescribed this drug. It is somewhat effective but VERY EXPENSIVE! Also, foam constantly leaks out of the applicator wasting it. I called the company but they were not helpful in replacing the drug. I contacted my doctor and my health organization to complain about the poor dosage delivery. UNACCEPTABLE AND EXPENSIVE TOO!!