Proctofoam HC User Reviews

Proctofoam HC - User Reviews

Proctofoam HC User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proctofoam HC sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Happy Camper, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

My first minor internal hemeriod. The whole area was itching and waking me at night. This drug was immediate relief with a slight numbing effect. Love it so far. 1st application before bed, let's see how this works. If your itchy or burning, this works

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

Did not help at all, over the counter treatments worked better.

Comment from: Bob 6228, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 13

It works great, however the expense along with the waste is not acceptable. The applicator (even with constant cleaning after each use) often does not dispense properly. I just opened up a brand new foam canister (exactly followed the instructions) and instead of the applicator filling up correctly with foam, it backed up once again!! Since the medication often backs up into the internal cap as opposed to the applicator it is very wasteful. They need a better way to dispense this medication!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

I have been taking Proctofoam twice a day for three weeks and have experienced virtually NO relief - I'm still uncomfortable, going to the bathroom is still a painful process, and the area is still highly inflamed. Like 'tiny dancer,' who reviewed above, I have very painful hemorrhoids as well as an anal fistula that leaves me feeling pain all of the time. I dread going to the bathroom and I almost always bleed, even several minutes following. After such great reviews of Proctofoam I was hoping for better results.

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: October 08

After having my baby I suffered from thrombosis hemorrhoids and I really didn't think that there was a medication for my problem and that I would have to have surgery. Luckily my doctor prescribed this medication and it really worked miracle. It really took a lot of suffering away.

From WebMD