Prograf User Reviews

Prograf - User Reviews

Prograf User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prograf sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: diamondave, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

I am 3 months post transplant and have been on prograf from day1.Along with many other drugs.All in all they all work well to do their job but makes it hard to determine which drug causes which side effects.I have the shakey hands and achey muscles.Only occasional headaches tho.Thru my joining Transplant cafe.com,Ive learned that drinking much water helps considerably and is also necessary to prevent toxicity in the body.Prograf will ruin your kidneys if you dont drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day! If your on this drug,drink water!!It also helps to limit the side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 25

Eleven years post-transplant with no problems except need for small dosage blood pressure meds. Use 3 mg 2X/day. Very occasional tremors and no other discernable side effects.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: KyBlueJay41, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 21

I don't like the it because I am now a diabetic and have high blood pressure because of taking this medication, But it has kept me from rejecting my liver for 11 years now.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 02

i had alpha 1 as a kid- was transplanted march 21 1992. i am 17 years post surgery. i had an episode of rejection 2 years ago but have quickly recovered. i take 2.5mg 2x per day :]

Comment from: pophorn54, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 05

I`ve been taking it for 14 months,now I`m down to 4 mg 2x a day(when I remmenber only miss 1 or 2 night a week sometimes) have a appointment tommorrow going to ask if I could try to only take 1 pill a day hope it works out? Had only one week2 live so son gave part of his liver what a life saver! before transplant had pain in thighs still have don`t know what it from, know my feet hurt like there sowen but I live with it.

Comment from: lucky chucky, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 12

I'm satisfied because I haven't rejected (8 yrs and counting) but I did have absolutely the most horrifying nightmare the first time I used it (as I was warned to expect). After that no nightmares, but I have not been able to sleep since (I'm not a wuss - it's not because I fear another nightmare - that was a one time event -- but more because it happens to be one of the side effects.) I take one half milligram of Xanax at night and sleep well and wake up easily and rested. Bottom line.....it beats dying.

Related Reading: nightmares | sleep | Xanax

Comment from: patty, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 13

I had a kidney transplant 18 months ago. In the very beginning I had hair loss (so much it was coming out in clumps), horrible sweating, hand tremors. Those eased, but currently have short term memory loss, stomache problems, and mood swings. Transplant drugs are difficult, but you MUST take them to save your transplanated organ!!!!

Comment from: Einman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 12

I have been taking 3 mg of prograff two times a day for 1 year and have only experienced slight hand tremors and gastrointestinal distress. The GI distress in the form of slight nausea and diarrhea has been an increasing problem as time has passed. Have appointment next month and will try to get dosage reduced. The drug has been very effective in preventing rejection episodes. I have had no additional side effects.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: ron0614, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 15

Took this medicine 5 years caused multifocal leucoencephalophaty and now I am confined to a wheelchair. Worked good while I took it, but side effects terrible.

Comment from: britlite3, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 10

Had a kidney transplant 6 years ago and no problems until a few months ago. Vision would go from being great and seconds later blurred - sometimes back to normal, could not trim shrubs without having to stop 5 mins. later from shaking, can't sleep without the help of 1/2 to 1 tab of Valium before bedtime - that does the trick- Then, there is weight gain - maybe from the junk food :) But I consider myself very lucky - I started out taking 1.5 mg 2x daily - now it's been reduced to 1 mg. 2x daily. This drug is great - it's given me a chance to see my girls grow up. Much better than being on chemo and dialysis any day. I had RPG with P-ANKA - so I'll take the Prograf anytime. Thanks to this great drug company for giving us another chance. We are the lucky ones - never forget that. Stay positive :) you could be back where you were before your transplant. God is good :) Life is good!!!

Related Reading: Valium