Prograf User Reviews

Prograf - User Reviews

Prograf User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prograf sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: wsnpc126, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 20

Like others I experienced the hair loss side effect. I have a great hair stylist - they work with the American Cancer Society Look good feel better program. They recommended I use the scalp/hair treatment chemo patients use - Nioxin. It is wonderful! About 1 month after treatmend - new hair started growing in - I had long hair, had it cut short and kept it that way until the new hair was long enough, you couldn't tell the difference. Now it's growing back out and looks great. Good luck I hope it works for anyone going through this. Being a recipient is great but being female without hair, it's a vanity thing! It gave me glimpse into the life of a cancer patient. Much respect

Related Reading: Cancer

Comment from: rj, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 15

It has been nearly a year since my transplant. I am taking 4 mg am and pm. Night sweats is my biggest complaint and some sleepness nights. All and all has been very good for me and I am very pleased.

Related Reading: Night sweats

Comment from: johnnys33, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 09

Prograf is a life saver, transplanted 1/2/2000 and doing great after 8+ years. Took heavy doses of steroids right after transplant but quickly moved to prograf. 3mg twice a day keeps the doctor away. I have diabetes just diagnosed this year, but I need to lose some weight (20 lbs.) and I'll be fine. Thanks to the transplant team and clinic follow-up at Univ of Penn.

Comment from: tara, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 08

After four years on this drug, I have had no rejection episodes. I have developed diabetes (but could be from prednisone). I take Reglan for nausea. My docs have been able to reduce my dose easily so my levels are relatively low.

Related Reading: Reglan

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

the medication is okay, but it gave me alopecia. was not listed as side effect.

Comment from: My2Livers, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I used Prograf for 5 yrs post-liver-xplant, and became increasingly paranoid, confused and delusional during that time. My docs said "You're bi-polar" & put me in the mental hospital. I'm not bi-polar, but I sure appeared to be. After doing my own research, I discovered that brain damage, paranoia, hallucinations, mania and even hair loss are COMMON side effects. I showed my doc my print-out w/ my symptoms hi-lighted, and he weaned me off prograf. Now I'm only on cellcept. That was 3 years ago, and I'm no longer crazy. But I have psoriasis, which just spread to my face, and just discovered that prograf topical is used for psoriasis! hmmm.. lose my hair and my mind or walk around w/ red blotches all over my face? I'm alive anyway, and I'm glad for all of U who are similarly blessed. Has anyone tried this stuff for psoriasis? Maybe topical won't affect my psyche! thx for any input. Peace.

Related Reading: cellcept | psoriasis

Comment from: Crossroads miracle, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 10

I recieved a liver transplant on 07/30/06, I walked out of the Methodist in Memphis 3 days later. I'm known as the "One and only". It took about 6 months to get at my current med. levels. I take .1mg in the morning and .05 at night. I have not had any side effects. Although it wasnt recommended to use the generics and so far I havnt. Good luck to all reading this because if you need this drug then your life is changing for the better!!!