Prolia User Reviews

Prolia - User Reviews

Prolia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prolia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Albina20, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

Pain worse than I've ever had, skin aged and leathery, constipation and can't breathe. I'm in worse shape now than before I had prolia--will NOT take any more. Stomach and digestion problems all the time, can't sleep. 6 months of hell for me. Cholesterol went way up. RA got worse--Dr. said it would help it--a lie! Dr. treated me as a guinea pig--used a sample she had in office--did NOT charge ins. for it. She gave me NO info and now will NOT believe my problems are caused by prolia. My back hurts worse than it ever did--I live this every day now--I hate my life since prolia--will not go back to that dr. I count the days til the 6 mo. are up, but I wonder if my body and life will ever be back to what it was or if there has been permanent damage or change in my body. I've had RA for 8 yrs. and that is enough to deal with. I had a severe reaction to Embrel for RA and prolia is made by the same co. So I don't think I should ever have been given prolia. I have been an FDA statistic for both drugs now.

Related Reading: constipation | prolia | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 30

DO not listen to the other posters here who are most likely making stuff up trying to scare you. My sister is a physician and she went over all the side effects with me. The only real concern is a rash since Prolia does NOT go through the kidney or liver like all the other drugs. This is by FAR the SAFEST osteoporosis medicine. And its the easiest too. When looking at the side effects also look at how many people in the placebo group had. mostly the same. I hope that helps..

Related Reading: rash | liver | osteoporosis

Comment from: champ, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 22

I got my first injection of Prolia in September of 2010 without much explanation from my doctor except that it was the next drug we could try to help with my osteoporosis. Since my immune system has been compromised because of Lyme Disease, I asked him if this was a problem. No, he said, just wash your hands more. Two-three months later, I felt awful. Back pain, joint pain, muscle pain, gas, acid reflux, etc. I ended up in the ER with pancreatitis in November. By March I didn't need a heating pad for my backpain nor Vicodin for the pain anymore. My second injection was due March 30. I again asked my doctor if my sympotoms could be caused by the Prolia; he said no. Got the second injection and wish I never had. Within days, the pain returned plus it was in my legs and toes as well. I called my doctor; he said it wasn't the Prolia; take Advil and call my primary care doctor. I then went to the Prolia website and found that all my symptoms were side effects of the Prolia. My chloesterol went from 186 to 233 in 6 mos., after just one dose of the Prolia. If I had been given the proper information from the prescribing doctor before hand so I could make an educated decision, I would NOT have taken this new, just off the market Prolia medication. My primary care doctor, my GYN doctor, my gastro doctor, my allergist, and my general surgeon cannot believe my doctor would even think of putting me on such a new medication with my medical history of Lyme Disease and food/medication allergies. We are all hoping by September the Prolia will be out of my system and I will have not any long term effects or damage. Take it off the market, FDA.

Related Reading: Lyme Disease | muscle pain | pancreatitis

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 13

I have been very pleased with this medication. I only had to get a shot in the office and did not have any issues. I hated the idea of having to get infused or using a bisphosphonate because of the side effects. My doctor feels this is the drug of the future for treating osteoporosis.

Comment from: hurtstomuch, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 02

I took this drug against my better judgement because I was diag. with advanced osteoporosis. My Dr. thought it to be the "safer" and more effective drug to take. I really wish the Dr's would take the meds themselves before recomending it to their patients. Anyway, after I received the shot I did not have any side effects for about 2-3 weeks. Then all heck broke loose! I feel awful! Just can't describe the feeling. Back constantly hurts, throat and esophagus hurt, chest hurts, muscles ache and I can hardly lift my arms above my head. I just don't feel good at all and thats not like me. I wish I had done more research on this drug that was only researched for 3 years. Don't know if it is "working" or not, but will NOT be taking another shot in the future. Just another drug company greasing the palm of the FDA to get it on the market fast to make big bucks. $800.00 a shot??? Geezzzz. How can you give a drug to someone that you have only researched 3 years? What are the long term effects? They don't know and probably don't care. It's all about the $$$. So, if you want ot be a human guina pig like I was, then by all means, have a shot.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.