Prolia User Reviews

Prolia - User Reviews

Prolia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prolia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Disgusted, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

Can't really say how effective yet. Received shot 2 months ago. It was easy to take but 3 weeks after getting shot, I started having muscle pain in upper thigh. Then, hip & knee began to hurt. I was walking 3 miles/day & now cannot walk without limping (no exercise for me). I feel it is very detrimental to my health to not exercise. I have severe pain day & night. So far pain is only on one side.

Comment from: crc, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 03

Doctor did not advise of side effects, the worst ever, I don't think my life would ever be the same. Very sick the last six months, out of work for three months, multiple symptons, nausea, root canal, blurred vision , skin lesions, leg, arm and back pain, high blood pressure and heart problems, etc.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: KAYE, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 01

Do not take this drug. The side effects can be awful my mother has been hospitalized twice. Bladder infection, bleeding ulcer, fluid around the heart,low sodium, and now pneumonia.

Related Reading: Bladder infection | pneumonia

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 16

Severe leg/hip pain. Did not start until 2-3 mos after first injection.Pain is enough to keep from getting good nights sleep. Balance seems to be off. Due for next injection next month.Might forget it.

Comment from: LOUIse, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 21

What a relief. After my recalst infusion I had to take prescription pain meds to manage the back pain side effect. I had my 2nd Prolia injection 1 month ago. NO SIDE EFFECTS what a relief.

Comment from: barb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 22

No more pills. No side effects and I paid nothing. Very happy.

Comment from: jeanb, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 30

just had my second shot last month. I've never had any side effects whatsoever. The shot is just under the skin so really doesn't hurt. Fosomax gave me rashes as well as other side effects. I am very happy with prolia and recommend it highly.

Comment from: Alicea, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

I had my first injection of prolia three weeks ago, so far no side effects. After reading the other review's I really hope I do not get the side effects other people discribed. The ease of taking prolia is as asset.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

I HAVE BEEN SO SICK AND LOOSING WEIGHT. BAD APPETITE. FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS, THE WORSE THING IS THAT IT WILL STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM FOR 6 MONTHS

Related Reading: FLU

Comment from: PRT334@gmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 11

My mom was previously taking Actonel but complained of heartburn. She also didn't like the instructions for taking it either. Her doctor recommended Prolia which she was given in the office and only has to take two shots a year. She is so pleased with the ease of taking this drug. I feel good knowing she is getting a drug for her osteoporosis through her doctor and she really is taking it!

Related Reading: Actonel | heartburn

Comment from: Tee, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

Not really sure if it is a side effect of Prolia because I also started a thyroid medication at the same time. I asked my doctor about that since it was one of the conditions in the warnings. He said it was ok since I had mine removed. I have had upper back pain, bladder infections, cholesterol jumped from 193 to 230. I also develop ringing in my ears. All could be coincidental after only one shot. Leaning towards not taking another

Related Reading: cholesterol

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.