Prolia User Reviews

Prolia - User Reviews

Prolia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prolia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mometter, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I had my first injection 3 months ago. I have had no side effects. I have no had another bone study so I honestly do not know ow effective this drug is. I know that the bisphosphonates turned me into a wreck! So far, I am a fan!

Comment from: Keekee, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

I too was on Fosamax (Alendronate) five years with miniscule increase in T score. Had my first Prolia injection and absolutely no adverse reaction. The shot was painless. Cannot wait to see what results will be at next screening. Once a week vs once every six months..... no brainer

Related Reading: Fosamax

Comment from: Linda Sutton, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 04

I have been thinking I am dying and would like to go on record saying this drug should be pulled off the market!!!!!!! I have suffered intense back pain..my right arm and fingers are so messed up...the shortness of breath has me worried about a heart attack..i have been so weak I have trouble doing my housework...some one tell me when will this be out of my system if ever! Linda sutton, Cleveland, ga.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: Sheba, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 04

I am having my 2nd injection of Prolia and have not had any side effects from the injection - so easy! I am one of the lucky ones as I was also aprehensive after reading some of the posts on here. I am beginning to think that some of the reactions that others may be experiencing may have occured regardless of the Prolia injection and may not even be connected to the injection.I attended a seminar on osteoporosis recently and after reviewing all of the medications (by pharmacists), Prolia was touted as the drug with the least side effects.They had it classified as almost the same as the placebo. The clinic that I attend are doing a number of injections with no adverse effects.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: January 21

I had my first injection of Prolia 3 weeks ago and so far so good...have not had any reaction whatsoever since the injection. The injection was painless. I took Fosamax for years and it did nothing for me.

Comment from: Dottie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 24

Had my 2nd injection last week. No issues. Looking forward to my DXA scan next month. I was so nervous with the IV so its a relief to get a shot.

Comment from: still discouraged, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

I have now been diagnosed with adhesive capsulities (frozen shoulder) for both shoulders. The only thing I have done differently was taken a Prolia shot January 2012. I highly caution others before using this drug.

Related Reading: frozen shoulder

Comment from: dena, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 07

I now have a cracked tooth and 3 dentists are uncertain about removing it due to possiblity of not healing from Prolia. I keep having infections and need antibiotics to keep the pain in check.ONe DDS called Amgen.

Comment from: patricia, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 30

I have had nno ill effects from the injection I have been on this drug for 18 months

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.