Prometrium User Reviews

Prometrium - User Reviews

Prometrium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prometrium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: eseismydog, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 25

I am 49 years old and have not had a period for about three years. My doctor did some blood work and said I have started menopause. I was feeling horrible. I had hot flashes, anxiety, heart pounding, couldn't sleep, and was miserable. He put me on prometrium, 200 mg. daily to be taken before bed. This medication has changed my life. I feel normal again.

Related Reading: menopause | hot flashes | anxiety

Comment from: laurielkiss, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I am 51 yrs. old and have been taking 100mg prometrium along with 1mg estradiol every night for approx. 3 yrs. now. I was having extreme hot flashes and night sweats along with prolonged periods and terrible mood swings. I have not had any problems taking these medications. My hot flashes and night sweats are gone and my husband is very happy that my mood swings are also gone. You might say these medications saved my marriage. :-)

Related Reading: prometrium | night sweats

Comment from: cindy, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I'm 58 and have been taking Prometrium for 6 years. Not only did it end the misery of my extended menopause, it also helped slow down my aging process. Since it's a bio-identical hormone, I'm hoping my doctor will consent to letting me continue to take it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

I started taking this drug - 100mg after hormone saliva testing showed I had VERY LOW progesterone. I was experiencing horrible anxiety to the point that I was unable to function. It truly was the worst time of my life. I feel like this drug saved me. Prometrium works better for me than compounded oral progesterone. I do take at bedtime and have had no bothersome side effects. Works so well for my anxiety.

Comment from: speckje7, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I have been taking prometrium now for 6 weeks to sustain my pregnancy. so far i have been drowsy and a little nausious but other than that i am through my first trimester, which has never been able to happen before. after doing research and checking with my doctor, this medication is safe to use when pregnant to get through your first trimester if you have a history of misscarriages.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: dsm, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

I too was very dizzy & very tired... Due to high risk m/c rate my doc has me taking this for the first 14 weeks of pregnancy to ensure enough hormones are there for the baby to go full term. That is our hope at least! Although, reading the label "do not take if pregnant or trying to become pregnant" make me really nervous, the Dr. assured me it was ok... I sure hope. haha!

Comment from: ljd, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

I started this medication when i found out i was pregnant due to misscarages with lots of prayers and this medication i'm going into 16 weeks. I really never had side effects,I,ve been tired but was it do to the medication or just being pregnant? I feel great and my baby is doing well.

Comment from: mybabies1965, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 03

I love this medication,I am 43 and have had heavy cycles and this had made my body more normal,I had severe anemia and this has saved me,also I would like to keep my cycle around for a while and it makes me feel like I am twenty again,it increased sex drive and I was not really concerned with that and it felt really weird was normal before also for some reason my skin seemed healthier(face)more youthful and I noticed my hair was more managable too not sure why all this occurred,only felt dizzy first few days I took it,no problems with it ,hope I can stay on it.

Related Reading: anemia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 02

I am 50 years old and was put on 100mg. of Prometrium. I was originally placed on this medication for terrible migraines and irregular, heavy periods. Almost immediately my migraines lifted and my cycles are perfectly regular. Success!