Prometrium User Reviews

Prometrium - User Reviews

Prometrium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prometrium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ranae D, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 16

I am taking this drug along with Estradiol, (estrogen), to help with menopausal symptoms, severe hot flashes in particular. I was alarmed at how I felt different- moody, irritable, anxious. It did help with the hot flashes, but I decided they were better than the way I felt on this drug!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I am 47 years old and for the past 7 years I have been on hormone replacement therapy for early menopause.I have had hot flashes, extreme mood swings and irritability, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, fatigue, etc. I have been on other treatments, patches, pills,and even though they relieved all of my symptoms in a short amount of time, I have had superficial blood clots in my legs and depression. My Dr. recommended Prometrium 100 mg a day (she said it was a more natural version) along with 1 mg of Estradiol. I have to admit I was hesitant to take it but all of my symptoms were relieved and I have had no side effects. I can only speak of my own experience, and it gave me my quality of life back!! I have been on it for a year now and will continue as long as my Dr. recommends. I don't ever want to feel that way again!

Related Reading: fatigue | blood clots | depression

Comment from: kg, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 16

I have been prescribed this med. for menopausal symptoms. I am 55 and on the Vivelle Dot Patch (3.5 dose)I still have my uterus, so my Dr. has also prescribed Prometrium 100 mg. However, she only has me take it for 10 days every THREE months. I asked her about this because it seemed unusual based on the dosage I've heard other women prescribed. She said taking it every month is 'old school' and taking it for 10 days every three months is the 'new way'. I am just curious if anyone else has been prescribed this med. in this way. I am on my third dosage (in 9 mos.). and when I do take the med. I don't have any spotting but I don't feel all that great either. The dr. said to keep an eye on things and if I start to spot to let her know!

Comment from: T, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

I am pregnant, my MD prescribed this drug for 30 days. But I have to take it vaginally. I'm really scared because of the warning label for pregnant women. Has anyone heard of this? I've had 1 miscarriage.

Related Reading: miscarriage

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 14

I started spotting when I was 8 wks pregnant. I will be 13 weeks on saturday! My OB put me on this because my Progesterone levels were extremely low for me being pregnant. Medicaid would not pay for the vaginal suppositories so I have to take the pill form. I am on 200 mg 3x a day. I have noticed more tiredness and dizziness..When I have to go somewhere I skip that dose and continue on my schedule! So far after taking this med I have not spotted at all, so I don't mind the side effects b/c I am high risk with diabetes and PCOS so this may be the only pregnancy I get to finish!

Related Reading: dizziness | diabetes

Comment from: hwiley, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 23

I was trying to get pregnant back in january 2008. I found out I was not ovulating so my doc put me on this. 2 months later I was pregnant with my little girl. So it worked wonders! Now that I had her I am now 5 months postpartum and not ovulating again. My doc has prescribed it again. I am sure it will get me back to normal!

Comment from: Nanciez, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 26

At 49 I thought I was going crazy. My life was upside down and I was having issues with my health.Cronic migraines, irritability, and restless leg syndrome. After starting Prometrium therapy my life changed for the better. I feel much more like I did years ago. My health issues are under control and my migraines are gone.

Related Reading: restless leg syndrome

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 07

I started using Prometrium about 5 years ago to help with abnormal menstrual bleeding. I would have periods lasting for more than a week - sometimes on and off for a month at a time. When I was first given Prometrium I took 200mg once a day (night time) for 10 days and it worked great. My gynecologist suggested after about 4 years of success for me to stop taking the medication to see it my old symptoms would return. After 4 months of light/no period it started again. In order for me to get back onto Prometrium I had to have a cervical ultra sound, series of blood tests and a biopsy. All the while I had my period - constant - for almost 5 months! After all results came back "normal" I was reissued a prescription for 100 mg (1/2 the amount) for 7 days (less time than original). This did not work, so I had to take 200 mg for 7 more days. The bleeding finally stopped. After discussing the problem with my Dr's office, my prescription is almost back to my original doseage - 200mg for 7 days.. so far so good. Yes, when I take Prometrium I am very tired, wake up tired and the pill sometimes gives me acid reflux. Yes, I've gained weight - but to me, not having wacky periods is worth it.