Prometrium User Reviews

Prometrium - User Reviews

Prometrium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prometrium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: McDemo, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 29

I have been taking prometrium for over a year because I had an endometrial ablation to stop heaving bleeding during perimenopause. After the ablation I was still having a period, so since taking prometrium I don't have one but every six months and it is really short and light. I take it at bedtime so I don't know if I would be dizzy or not. I have had no side effects from it as far as I can tell.

Comment from: HeyNeener, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

I suffered from very heavy painful periods that lasted up to 3 weeks for the last year. I began taking this med 3 months ago. I take it from day 15 to day 25 every cycle. My periods are now short and very light and no longer painful! It has made my life so much better!

Comment from: JoyRenee228, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

Due to secondary infertility issues (PCOS) which can cause a woman to miscarry due to low progesterone this medication has been a life-saver (literally). I have had two successful pregnancies because of this medication and one loss due to not having it (sonogram showed embryo without a heartbeat). My progesterone was dropping this current pregnancy and I got the RX very quick. Sonogram this time showed a beautiful beating heart and a jelly bean baby. I will be taking it until week 12 of this pregnancy.

Related Reading: infertility

Comment from: icethistle, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I took this medication for several months to regulate my period. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant so we needed to be able to track my cycle, and this definitely worked. I didn't notice any side effects, although I only took one 100mg dosage per day for 15 days of my cycle, so it was basically two weeks on, two weeks off. Maybe some of the bad effects that others are experiencing are due to higher doses and/or taking the medicine more often. I am finally pregnant and, because my last one was a miscarriage, my doctor has decided to keep me on Prometrium for the first 12 weeks in order to prevent another miscarriage. He has also recommended baby aspirin for that same reason. So far, so good!

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: mama4girls, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

Had 2 normal pregnancies tried to get pregnant a 3 time and miscarried tried again and miscarried again .Doc put me on this med and got pregnant with my 3 daughter I used up to 16 weeks pregnant .She is now 2 and half I recently started taking it again to try to concieve again ..I does get me very tired and groggy ,dizzy too..Will find out soon if it worked its wonder again

Comment from: Beth, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 13

I am 41 and I have been taking this medication now for 6 months and it has changed my life! I had a total hysterectomy at the age of 32 and have been on a hormone patch ever since. I was experiencing bad night sweats, mood swings and anxiety. This little pill has made me feel like a new person! the only draw back is that I did gain weight.

Comment from: Sonya, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

I have only taken one dose of this medicine (to end a pro-longed menstrual cycle) so I'm not sure of the overall outcome just yet. But, I did want to warn people about why they say to take it AT BEDTIME. I was in bed when I took it but stayed awake for an hour or so watching TV. I started to feel sleepy so I got up to take out my contacts. Um, this is when the fun began. I was stumbling around the house as if I had downed a fifth of vodka. I had severly slurred speech, was running into walls, it was NOT FUN. I was basically a sleepwalking drunk. My husband had to babysit me until I fell asleep. If he had not been there, who knows what injuries I might have ended up with. Just thought I would share this. The pharmacist should REALLY, REALLY emphasize the dizziness side-effect and the fact that you should not plan on getting back up EVEN FOR A SECOND after you take the pills.

Related Reading: sleepwalking

Comment from: Bluebell, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 30

I have been taking this drug for a little over 3 years to relieve menopausal symthoms. Within the last 3-6 months I have experienced moderate to severe foot pain muscle aches,upset stomach and vision problems along with dizziness and fatique during the day even after taking it at night. After renewing my prescription and reading the insert on the side effects realized this drug could be the culprit to all my problems. I decided 10 days ago to go off of it and it's incredible how much better I feel off of it. My foot pain went away I'm more alert and my vision is improving! This drug took away my hot flashes and night sweats but overall I would say it's not worth taking-- the side effects for me were too great, now I'm ready to try something more natural and my sympthoms are not as great as they were at the start of taking it. I'm done.

Related Reading: foot pain