Propecia User Reviews

Propecia - User Reviews

Propecia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Propecia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: GrayLeft, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 15

I've taken this drug for 20+ years. It stopped the onslaught of hair loss pretty quickly for me but I never regrew what I already lost. HOWEVER, my libido is practially non-existent and the amount of semen I now produce is down to a mere dribble. I'm concerned these may be permanent but I'm also fearful that if I stop taking it, I'll be bald in no time.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 01

40 yo and I've been on it for exactly a year. Very difficult to tell if I have re-grown hair, but it seems quite clear that the thinning has stopped. It is expensive, but worth the cost to avoid going bald. No noticeable decrease in sex drive here.

Comment from: YoungSir, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 07

I am in my mid twenties and began taking propecia for hair loss; it killed my sex drive and made it impossible for me to get an erection. My doctor didn't inform me these side effects could be permanent; luckily I discontinued the drug before it was too late. My hair is not worth losing my sexual desire and ability for.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I started using Propecia about 1 year ago and am not overly happy with the drug like everyone else who has reviewed it. I do believe it has slowed down my balding but nothing as far as regrowing any hair goes. It is also a very expensive drug to be taking, about $220 every three months.

Comment from: charlesd, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 02

This med is available in a generic now so not as expensive. Also my dr gives me Proscar and I split it into 4 pieces and take one a day. Helps a lot on cost. It does help with the hair. I am going to stop for a few weeks to see if it has been affecting my sex drive.

Comment from: Not Bald, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 28

I have been using Propecia for about 12 years. My little brother and dad do not. They are bald and I am not. My hair still seems to fall out some. Overall I am very happy.

Comment from: cowboyfromheaven, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 16

the first one i bought was so expensive, then i found a site that offers this med at a low price.. it has the same effect and really helps my hair problem. whats amazing was it has no side effect than the previous one i bought. check this site: http://howmanypills.net/anti-alopecia.html

Comment from: Nick A., 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 13

I heard on NBC news tonight (12 July 2012) that a number of men have experienced ED during and long after taking this medication: I have had the same experience, and I thought it was merely my age or something undetermined. It never occurred to me that my extended ED might have been caused by Propecia. I stopped taking it a long time ago now, but I continue to have significant problems with ED.

Comment from: Andorian, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 17

The drug is very expensive, and I am not sure if it has worked. I have been taking this drug religiously for three years and have not noticed any hair growth, though my bald spot has not gotten any bigger during that time. It is hard to know whether the drug is effective, or if that would be the natural progression of my baldness anyway.

Comment from: budster626, Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 27

I've have taking propecia for about 8 or 9 years.Both my younger brothers are bald but I still have my hair and I thank they are a little jealous.I take a pill every other day to cut down on the cost.

Comment from: Blurdawg, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 29

I use this drug with rogaine to maximize the effect. I also skip the pill every other day to save on the cost. It's very expensive; however, I started using this after a hair transplant and it's worth the investment. After a hair transplant, it's good. I don't know about before because the hair follicles may already be dead. You can't grow leaves on a dead tree.