Proscar User Reviews

Proscar - User Reviews

Proscar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proscar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mlh, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

What sexual desire I had left at age 75 is gone. Believe it or not, I believe that my penis is shrinking; really!

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: Harry, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been taking Proscar for two months and cannot have an erection. In addition, my left testicle swelled up and was very sore to touch. I have stopped taking the medication. The side effects are too severe.

Comment from: Etienne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I am 56 years old. I have had similar experiences with Proscar; PSA dropped from high 4 to high 1. Prostate smaller. However, got tender nipples and swollen breast. The most ego smashing was the lost of morning erections; minimum semen discharge; and lack of sex desire. My doctor and I changed to Alfuzosin (uroxatral); erections are back and sex desire increased. But my latest PSA is now 8.0 but the doctor's finger test says prostate is not swallon. Biopsy is my next step to determine what is happening.

Related Reading: uroxatral

Comment from: shooter357, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 04

After many years of taking proscar 5 mg. daily, I found that I became impotent.My physcian told me that that is a side effect for some men!

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

my psa was 19 when i started taking finasteride a my flow was very restricted. within two months psa is 4. i also have a very good flow.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

BPH symptoms relieved but produced impotence

Comment from: dfreitasnm@aol,com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 01

I devloped Arm tremor amd shaking from my limbs. I see this is one of the side effects. I recently saw a Neurologist who diagnosed me with Parksons. Its not Parksons at all, its the side effects of Procar (Tremor)

Comment from: gmag, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

THe only thing that was strange was that I had one PSA test before taking the drug and got a 2.5 reading.Then took the drug for 6 months got another PSA reading of 1.1.and a year later had 2 PSA tests.within a week and got 2 similiar readings,2.6 and then 2.4. My guess is that the lab was never told I was on this drug or tested my blood differntly within a year.

Comment from: redneck, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 21

While it did not shrink my prostate it keep it from getting any larger 112cm. Some loss of sex drive and interest but better than nothing. I have to get a haircut at least every 3 wks now from the hair growth. hi.

Comment from: jbud405, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 08

Im 43 years old with an enlarged prostate and have taken this drug for six months. It has lowered my PSA and improved my urine flow. The side effects are that im completely impotent and not interested in sex at all. The improvement in night time trips to the bathroom is enough to keep me using this drug.

Comment from: Vic, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

I was given a prescription for this drug by a urologist for an enlarged prostate. I had some problems getting up multiple times at night, like 10 or 12, to empty my bladder. Before taking the drug I began looking closely at what was in the food I was eating. Apple sauce for example, the chucky kind has lemon juice in it. I stopped eating apple sauce. I suspected that my bladder was as much or more at fault than my prostate. I cut back on ice cream, and some fruits that I knew irritated my urinary system. Never did take the proscar and I am having a better stream,and better sleep without the urgency I used to feel while getting up two times a night.I added Prostate Revive which is helping to calm the prostate too. Only suggestion I have is look at the contents of what you are eating or drinking and drop those things you know are causing you harm.

From WebMD