Proscar User Reviews

Proscar - User Reviews

Proscar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proscar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ted, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 26

Within 6 months Proscar reduced the frequency and duration of the "I gotta pee now" attacks. But the improvement comes with a high price. By 10 months there was a dramatic loss of libido and an inability to achieve erection. The literature on this drug says 1 in 5 experience these side effects. I think this is a lie. It's more like 1 in 9. Sex is one of the things that makes life worth living - so now I have to do without it? Not happy with this treatment.

Comment from: teddiegee, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 23

GOOD EXPERIANCE EXCEPT LACK OF LIBIDO. PSA TEST UNDER 1.0 FOR 10 YEARS

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 22

I have taken drug for over 15 months. I have encountered sexual side effects like retrograde ejaculation and loss of seman during ejaculation. Orgasims very low grade.

Comment from: pslranch, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 08

After 4 to 5 days blood pressure increases and genetal pain. Have tried to take it 4 different times and have had same problem.

Comment from: Ed, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I initially was taking 5 mg Finasteride (Proscar) medication for my prostate, but it was not giving me the desired effect. A previous Urologist had me taking 10 mg with no ill effect. I talked my present doctor into increasing the doseage to 10 mg and I have been perfectly satisfied with the results. He cautioned me that it was not normal to prescribe 10 mg, but since it seems to be working he was willing to go along with me. I recently started having urinary problems, but only because I started taking a diuretic to eliminate excess water due to the high blood pressure medication I've been taking. My PSA level is below .02, and I have no problem emptying my bladder. This medication has not had a negative impact on my sex life, but at my age one can no longer expect to shoot silver bullets.

Related Reading: high blood pressure