Prosom User Reviews

Prosom - User Reviews

Prosom User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prosom sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: NayNay, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

I've had insomnia since I was a teen...I've tried Ambien, Lunesta, Trazadone, Ativan, Serax and now the Prosom...with this drug, I take it a 30 mins. before I lie down and then hours pass by until I believe exhaustion takes over and I fall asleep. I don't stay asleep, I wake frequently during the night, have a lot of dreams which wake me and then when I finally sleep, usually in the a.m., it feels as if I'm in a 1/2 asleep 1/2 awake state...I originally felt like I was the only person these sleep aids didn't work on, but then I read the reviews for Rozerem, etc...I'm not alone! I suffer from chronic pain, so the less sleep, the more pain...I'm disappointed in this drug.

Related Reading: insomnia | Ambien | Lunesta

Comment from: miinsane?, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 14

I have been taking 3mg for quite some time and it worked pretty well but now I am starting to feel that half asleep feeling during the day I read some other peoples' reviews and they seem similar. No other sleep med. works for me I may just have to lower my dose.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

This is an effective sleep medication 2 mgs for me...no side effects. workes within 30 min or so. This is more of a medication if you have anxity and your mind cannot relax or turn off. It relaxes you so you fall into a gentle sleep. I have had jobs where I worked 8-4, 4-12....and the 12-8 shift. And I suffered from insomnia besides the shift chages. This was years ago. I was prescribed Seconal, Nembutal and they worked, but had a hangover effect the next day. And when you tale barbituates, they supress REM sleep...you do not dream. What worked best for me was Placidyl. Put you out like a light in 15 to 20 min. Abbott no longer manufactures it. High potential for abuse. Not for everyday use. But if you had some nights where you needed to sleep on time, not toss and turn for hours.......This was most effective.

Related Reading: Nembutal

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

I have taken it for three months now and have now taken half pill because I also take topamax with it and I was feeling druged in a.m. I have no side effects with this pill as I did with ambian. and it is cheap. It does take awile to work tho. The first week it worked fast, after that it slowed way down., but it does put me to sleep in a few hours.

Related Reading: topamax

Comment from: annie, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

i used this over 10 years ago and I want to try it again as I now have more severe insomnia. I can't shut ddown my thoughts to get me to sleep. but take it even i hour before sleep and make sure you don't have to leave home for about 10 AM , It does makeme feel sluggish. It did worl and I want my new Doctor to let me try it again.

Comment from: max, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 10

It works only if I use it for short periods. I start on 2mgs per night, but soon I have to double the amount, and after about 8-10 days the effect wears off completely. I've also noticed my mood tends to improve the following day. I've tried many medicines for insomnia. In the end I always return to diazepam for long-term effectiness and fewer unwanted side-effects (almost none).

Published: February 06

some memory loss, very little

Comment from: MOE10134, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

This medication seems to get to me sleep but does not keep me asleep. i am up at least once or twice in the middle of the night. There is one benefit, that when I try to go back to sleep ProSom assists me in falling back to sleep. Other sleep aids would keep me up once I was up. It still takes a while before kicking in to fall sleep.

Related Reading: ProSom

Comment from: yogi, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 27

i am a seizure patient and have severe sleeplessness and have not started taking anything yet. would really like to know is it safe for me.

Related Reading: seizure