Protonix User Reviews

Protonix - User Reviews

Protonix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Protonix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kate, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

This is the ONLY medication that has properly addressed my acid reflux issues, especially the endless nagging cough and throat clearing. I tried several others (Nexium, Prilosec, etc)and had to fight with my insurance company to get this more expensive drug approved. This may work for yo where other treatments have failed

Related Reading: cough | Nexium | Prilosec

Comment from: luwho, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 10

Recently been having ribcage and back pain, hypertension, chest pain, low transferrin confirmed via lab draw, B- 12 @ 481. Tired, cold, weight gain and daily headache. Neighbor is on 40 mg per day and is experiencing the same symptoms!

Related Reading: chest pain | headache

Comment from: burnin love, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 29

Worked at first then quit. Started getting bad side effects. Doc took me off and put on Aciphex. What a difference. No more coughing, headache, confusion and mainly, phlem

Related Reading: Aciphex

Comment from: MVischer, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 05

I had been on this for 3 years for Barrett's. My last scope revealed the Barrett's is gone. Recently stopped taking it because I heard it causes osteoporosis, but had not side effects. It worked great.

Related Reading: osteoporosis

Comment from: Marla, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 04

I thought I was having angina symptons, my chest and my back between my shoulder blades hurt and "burned". Stress test was OK, doc gave me Protonix, no more symptons at all. No tums, rolaids or anything else needed. I have had GERD for several years and this stuff worked wonders for me.

Related Reading: angina | Stress | Protonix

Comment from: Terry, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 24

I took this medication for almost a year before I realized the symptoms I was having was due to this medication. It was gradual over time but within a few months I started having loose stools, sometimes as many as 10-12 times a day causing fatigue and anxiety over whether I was near a bathroom. The stools were sudden and explosive. I had to change clothes several times over the course of treatment. I thought I had something very seriously wrong with my intestines or lower bowels. I stopped taking the medication to see if this was the problem and suddenly my loose bowels slowed down. It took several days before I was back to normal bowel movement. I told the doctor I stopped and he got mad at me for stopping. I had told him about the problem and he said the medication was not the cause but it was. Eventually I stopped the doctor as well. This medication was terrible and I will never take it again.

Related Reading: fatigue | anxiety

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 28

This medication worked like a miracle compared to past drugs tried. but then my insurance made me switch to a generic form, and it is not even close to being as good as the brand name protonix. I find a lot of my troubles have started to come back for the first time in years. I have been under treatment for over 20 years now, so have many treatments to compare this too. I wish the insurance compant would have less control over our medical care , and leave the choice to our Doctors, and us.

Comment from: jh4ou, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 13

This Drug works great & has been the only one that I have found that helps me. WARNING... I was tested for a drug screen in the ER & tested POSITIVE for THC (marijuana)! I was shocked & suprised~ I do not smoke! I made them retest!!! Tested Postive a 2nd time! I found out later that Protonix can make you test positive for THC on a drug test. The bad part was my Dr that I had did not know about this interaction & so I felt like they didn't believe me when I told them that I don't smoke & what info I found out about Protonix! The medicine WORKS GREAT, but I'm not sure at this point what to do!

Related Reading: marijuana