Protonix User Reviews

Protonix - User Reviews

Protonix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Protonix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: grand pa, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 27

I AM 79 AND HAVE BEEN ON PROTONIX SINCE IT'S BEEN OUT.Don't know how many yrs. It's made life much better. I was in pain most every day. Over the counter stuff didn't do much good. I don't know what the risk of long term use is, but at my age I think it's worth it. I can eat most things with out any problems.So far no side efects that I know of.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been using Protonix for the past 18 months and it has been very effective. Used Zantac for many years but didn't work anymore. Had terrible burning in mouth and esophagus. Lost 35 lbs and couldn't eat! This drug saved my life!Only side effect occasional gas and bloating. I'm concerned about long term use side effects.Take 40 mgs 1x a day.

Related Reading: Zantac

Comment from: book.lover, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 12

This medicine worked fine for my GERD, but after 2 months my hair started falling out! In handfulls! After checking WebMD and seeing that hair loss is a "less seveve" side affect, I called my doctor to change my medicine immediately. I am not alone; a hairdresser friend of mine was losing her hair in the same way. When she told me she'd been on Protonix, I shared my experience. She checked with a pharmacist friend who confirmed the hair loss. Would a man have pursued this? Perhaps not, but for me this was neither "less severe" nor was it a "lesser side effect."

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: Ms. NC, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I have suffered from heartburn/stomach irritation for a long time. Anything I ate would trigger it. I didn't even want to take my regular meds because everything made my stomach burn and hurt. I tried many OTC products that had no lasting results. Early August I had some medical proceedures done and it was then that my surgeon discovered that I was suffering from GERD. He perscribed Protonix which I have been taking for 3 weeks now and the results are absolutely wonderful. After a couple years of suffering and taking antacids, thanks to my surgeon I am finally experincing real relief from GERD. Wish I had known about this medication a long time ago.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

I took Protonix for 3 days. I started to experience chills, headaches, jaw pain and peeling skin. I went the natural route and tried DGL Licorice Ultra German Chocolate - which is working great for me and has no side effects.

Comment from: tmatty, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

Been on it for a while now I think it's working ok. I was feeling really tired,period of dizziness,shortness of breath, and chest pain. Went to the doctor found out I had Iron Deficiency Anemia. Proton pump inhibitors can cause this due to lack of absorption of iron and B12. Doc. put me on iron, B12 and vitamin C. Feeling a lot better.

Related Reading: Iron Deficiency | Anemia | B12

Comment from: Shelly, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

I felt like I had food stuck in my throat all the time and Protonix has worked wonders! Thank you.

Comment from: geemomma@gmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I've been on Protonix for 5 years.Three months ago my insurance company said they would not pay for it anymore and I had to take Nexium.After 1 month I was having heartburn everyday.Told my pharmacist and he had me try the generic Protonix. Took that for one month and still didn't relieve my heartburn. I went back on Protonix three days ago and can't wait until it kicks in and stops this burning!! Love this product.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: kkadele, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

I have had bad acid reflux since I was little. Now that I'm on protonix, I have no acid reflux ever! It had changed my life and I can now eat anything I want without the crazy side effects of a burning throat and no sleep. I would recommend at least giving this medication a chance, it's awesome.

GI Disorders