Protopic User Reviews

Protopic - User Reviews

Protopic User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Protopic sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LIPS, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

I started to get very chapped lips that would not go away. The chapped lips turn into to swollen,burning,blistering,peeling,bright red painful lips. I was apparently allergic to some food that I was unaware of. At first I thought it was nothing and would go away which it did but came back in full force. I had to see a doc for this. My lips looked disgusting and were very painful and I had not a clue to what I was eating to cause this. My doctor had me try Protopic and gave me an inj of celestone. I was 70% better within 24 hrs or less.! By the third day - my lips looked actually normal. The swelling went down immediately and blisters and peeling as well. I read the cancer dangers involved with this drug and I was very concerned with that but I won't be using this for more than 2 weeks so I should be safe. Just to let anyone know that it worked like a dream for me and I am so thankful that my lips are back to normal.

Related Reading: celestone | cancer

Comment from: peenut123, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

I have always been sensitive on my right hand and have had periods of outbreaks on my ring and middle finger for years, but was easily treated with cortisone type creams. During my last pregnancy I became hyper sensitive to almost anything (even water) that touched my skin and nothing worked at all. The condition got so bad that I could not open my hands or fingers and they were covered with deep lesions. My doctor had prescribed 7 types of creams and cortisone treatments - finally I INSISTED I see a specialist who prescribed Aerius along with a mild cortisone (used evening ONLY on clean dry skin) and Protopic. i was leery as the side affects noted types of cancer being reported, but I was in sooo much pain. The next day the fissures and lesions that had created scars on my hands were closed and were beginning to heal. Day 2 the skin started to regain pigmentation, OMG it works!!!! I tried everything, and was in tears whenever I went to the doctor about this as a mother of 2 young boys I could not even hardly pick them up without cracking my hands open - if you need less than a pea sized amount and its gone in 2 days and you don't need it for months - isn't it worth having clear skin without pain and risk of infections????

Related Reading: pregnancy | dry skin | scars

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

I have atopic dermatitis and i have had it since i was born. i used protopic many times and i hated to put it on because it would burn so bad i would start crying. i used it on and off for many years i used this ointment from 4 years old until i was 9 years old. i really did not see a difference in my skin when i used it except for the burning. i have been on many medications because of my atopic dermatitis and i have outgrown most of it, i still have afew outbreaks once in a while but when that happens i take prednisone, and hydrocortisone creams.

Comment from: Doubletop, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I spent over a month using a drug described by my family DR with no results. I went to a dermatologist who described Protopic and in 48 hours the dermatitis was gone. Great drug.

Published: January 05

Prescribed for severe cosmetic Nickel allergy. Did not help one bit. Had to switch to Cutivate.

Related Reading: Cutivate

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 11

No side effects. I use it maybe once a week where skin erupts. I find it very effective with only 2-3 applications to "trouble spots."

Comment from: Matt, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

I was perscribed this about 3 months ago for Vitaligo, my skin had started to loose its colour in blotches a few years back and gradually got worse until the point it had covered all my fingers and was going up my hands, patches around my mouth, elbows, feet and the odd bit here or there... I went to the docs as it was starting to really bother me, as i tan really easy yet these parts remain a pale white. Ive started to use protopic, and have photographed results, and it actually seems to be working, the colour is starting to blotch back out, admitedly its still there after 3-4 months use but it is noticably better. I will continue to use it. I dont seem to have any side effects, i hope i see more positive results, even if it will take months.. Im going on holiday next month soon, so we will see how it stands up against a bit of sun tanning the area, but i dont think i will use it in direct sun light.