Protopic User Reviews

Protopic - User Reviews

Protopic User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Protopic sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jasi, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

I was prescribed Protopic .1% a few months ago, it worked great for 2-3 weeks (with minimal burning) and kept my flareup under control. Sadly the beneficiary effect seems to have tapered off and my eczema is worse. =/

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: banana9042, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 15

My son got cancer from this drug. He was put on it when he was 6 months old. Yes, it cleared his eczema, but in return he got melanoma. It destroys your immune system.

Related Reading: melanoma

Comment from: k, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 15

It works relatively well and it took about a week for the eczema to get better. My eczema wouldn't go away after many treatment rounds with other medicines. This has been the only thing that has worked for me. The only down part is that it really doesn't absorb into the skin quickly leaving the ointment to leave residue on many things.

Comment from: ehcapakori, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

after 22 different treatments failed, Protopic was prescribed as a last resort. Burned like my skin was literally on fire, which was the condition I was trying to treat in the first place (extreme vag. itch/burn for 16 months IN A ROW!!) Eventually diagnosed as being an allergic reaction to something either injested or externally. Protopic could not be washed off & the firey burning lasted for 3 days afterward. Possibly I may be allergic to this drug (?) It was extremely severe-I did not leave the house for days after using this product.

Comment from: ar1100, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 31

I have a rash in my armpits that does not respond to several other drugs. Was prescribed Protopic and it cleared up the rash. stopped using it and the rash reoccurs after a while. Have been using since 2008 on and off.(same tube since 2009.) No side effects known.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

I was put on protopic when i was 13 years old it tells you to put on after a shower. I followed the instructions and ended up screaming my head off because of the burning that it caused. It did work for a total of two days then my eczema spread everywhere from head to toe. It made everything worse instead of helping me with my issue.

Comment from: linda, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

I have just received my perscription 3 days ago. so far the itch has begun to weaken.

Published: September 20

My 3 yr old son starting using this when he was about 2. Nothing else would work and his eczema was horrible. I only use it when he breaks out bad, and it does help almost completly clear his skin.

Comment from: Redman, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

I have had severe eczema since birth and have spent my life using cortisone creams and over the last 6 years immune suppressant drugs such as Azathioprine and Cyclosporin. After one application of Protopic my skin was completely clear. To me, this drug is amazing, yes it does burn but if you can leave it on for at least 5 hours and then shower it off you should see dramatic improvement the following day. Good luck fellow sufferers.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 22

After unsuccessfully trying several different prescription meds for Rosacea my doctor recommended Protopic. It has been significantly more effective than anything I've used so far. Redness has been reduced and dry,scaly, bumpy skin has been almost eliminated. It occasionally causes a very mild burning sensation, but no real discomfort. After about one year of daily usage I have not had any signs of harmful side effects.

Related Reading: Rosacea

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

I used it on my face twice a day for a few days and the dermatitis was completely gone and hasn't come back since. Not strong enough medication for my elbows.