Proventil HFA User Reviews

Proventil HFA - User Reviews

Proventil HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proventil HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: vegas44, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 20

The only drawback to this drug it makes you tremble, and if that is the least side effect to my recovering than I say "Bravo"

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 03

I was changed to this inhaler and it does not work. I finally got so tired of having to spend my day (puffing)that I went and got my Asmanex filled and am starting it tonight. Hopefully that will take care of it and I wont need this useless inhaler!

Related Reading: Asmanex

Comment from: Cindy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 26

Not effective at all! Need my other albuterol inhaler. Having more difficulty breathing. Just hoping my MD can help with something else.

Comment from: Charlotte, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I'm taking this inhaler for 1 week for bronchitis. The aftertaste isn't good, but it effectively clears my bronchial tubes. I would take again if needed.

Comment from: Gerbil89, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

When I feel an asthma attack coming, it helps within about 10 minutes, but the after effects drive me nuts. Sometimes I'd rather deal with the asthma attack. My hands shake, I get a headache, my heart starts racing and sometimes it makes it hard to BREATH. It works when I absolutely need it but I think I might try ProAir instead.

Related Reading: headache | ProAir

Comment from: mmartin, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 08

I have had asthma for 22 years. In the past, I have only had to use my inhaler if I was ill or sometimes following exercise. I'm not sure if my asthma has gotten worse, or if it's a casualty of this replacement inhaler. The new Proventil HFA is NO WHERE CLOSE to being as effective as the old Albuterol inhalers. I am all for decreasing the amount of CFC's we release into the ozone, but are inhalers seriously that big of a concern compared to all of the factories, air conditioners, etc. that spew CFC's ALL DAY EVERY DAY? I went to pick up my refill today, and was shocked to learn it's $68 (I am a student and without insurance). I have to wonder if the EPA and Big Pharma are in on this together, or if it's just a "happy coincidence". Nearly every post I have seen and nearly every person I talk to says they have to use this BS inhaler more often, and that it is significantly less effective.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 21

Well,my six year old daughter has been on this medication for about 6 months and at first she could not breath through the night,she would cough & have problems breathing. But, now she sleeps all night with out having any problem of breathing.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 03

It works but there are cheaper alternatives such as Ventolin.

Comment from: vvndave@tampabay.rr.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

It's great.Easy to use, no after taste.

Comment from: Candy56, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 22

It works really well for me. I was on a generic brand and it wasnt as good as this.

Comment from: Brugor, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

I have used it for about six months. I may be getting resistant to it. It used to last 6 hours, now only lasts about 4 hours. I tried Qvar inhaler and Singulair pills, which have no effect on me at all. Proventil is effective, although slower to act than the old albuterol.

Related Reading: Qvar | Singulair