Provera User Reviews

Provera - User Reviews

Provera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MrsHAPPY, 19-24 (Patient) Published: May 09

First off, I hope that everybody who is unsure whether or not they want to take Provera will read this. I say TRY IT! If you have the prescription, give it a try, it is not a experimental drug. It has worked and continued to work for a verity of women with a verity of problems.I was sort of hesitant at first to writing a review, but I felt like I had to, hopefully this helps some of you. You might be scared like I was at first after sitting here for hours reading every comment about Provera. I had not had a period for about 2 and a half years. Come to find out I have PCOS. I am married for almost 4 years and we have been TTC ever since we got married. We were never expecting that I could have PCOS. My gynecologist gave me a prescription for Provera so i will be able to tell the Reproductive Endocrinologist I'm schedule to see next Monday if I had the breakthrough bleeding. Again I remind you I did NOT have a period for 2 1/2 years, I was give 10mg for 12day, I know its usually 10 days but I guess its been soo long she gave me 12 days, by the 10Th day, I was spotting! I made my husband take me to the zoo (for a day of great quality time and so I could take a nice long walk because even after so long of no period I was still able to tell it was going to come) I got in a 1 1/2 hour walk because I know its good to get a flow going. Here I am only 7 days after finishing Provera, with a normal constant flow, not too heavy. No horrible symptoms before or after taking it other than normal period symptoms. I think I actually hard more symptoms with a period while on BC. The only symptom that I could say I have is moodiness, really irritate. I blame that on the period not Provera. I was really expecting the 'worst period ever' like I had read but it was not bad I only had two days of a heavy flow. Though it did last a little longer than a normal period. I hope this helps anybody who was on the fence about taking Provera. Don't let others experiences influence you

Related Reading: Provera

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

After reading several reviews I was terrified to take this medication. It had been three months since my last period and my husband and I are trying to conceive. My doctor prescribed this medication to "jumpstart" my cycle. I am happy to report that despite the overly negative reviews I had read, I had absolutely no side effects from this medication. I took the pill in the evening in case I felt sick, as so many women stated they did, and was pleasantly surprised when the 10 days had passed and I never experienced any of the side affects I had been told would occur. My period started two days after I stopped taking the pill and aside from a slightly heavier period, which is expected after not having one for three months, I felt great. I have even been able to maintain my exercise regimen and diet :-) For those taking this pill for the first time, know what could happen but don't plan for the worst. I almost didn't take the pill because of the reviews and I would have missed out!

Comment from: FoleyLK, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

Great treatment for excessive periods! I was on my period for a month and finally broke down and called my doctor. I'm at "the age" for menopause. I had skipped a couple of periods (which I loved) and then had this one, which just wouldn't stop. My doctor put me on Provera for 10 days. By the third day my period had stopped totally. At night I did have night sweats a couple of times, but I had been having those anyway so I really can't say the medication had anything to do with them or not. I do know however that I had no side effects...no bloating, irritability, weight gain, cramping, nothing! I really wish that I would have called my doctor sooner. Don't let your period go for as long as I did. The 10 day supply of Provera cost me a little over $9.00 and it was well worth it. I would highly recommend Provera for excessive bleeding. It sure stopped mine. At 54 years of age I have more important things to do than worry about being padded all the time!

Related Reading: menopause | night sweats

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

THIS MEDICINE MAKES YOU VERY VERY SLEEPY

Comment from: peace, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 04

In the past I've taken provera and like 3weeks later i will get my period. but just this july 2010 i took it and 3days later i got my period!!!!!!! my doc also prescribe clomid 150mg to induce ovulation. guess what? i'm pregnant for 1month now!!!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: clomid

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

I was placed on this medicine due to no period for 8 months. I got pregnant in Dec 2008, had a miscarriage in March 2009, and 6 months later, in Aug 2009, still no period. My doctor gave me 10 pills, 10 mg. I took them at night bc it made me VERY sleepy/drowsy. I was told that I'd start my period within the first 10 days of coming off Provera, typically between days 3-7. My last pill was Thursday night, and I started spotting that Saturday afternoon. I spotted the rest of the weekend, with my "period" coming on Monday. I called my Dr to see what day I should count as Day 1 of my cycle, and she said to count that Saturday as Day 1. She said any bleeding/spotting on Provera (after the last pill) is considered a period, to count that first day as Day 1. I start taking Clomid on Day 5, to get me ovulating, hoping to get pregnant again. The only real side effects I had was a slight inability to concentrate as much, hot flashes & cramping (which was probably due to my period getting ready to come) and like I mentioned, it made me very sleepy when I took it, so I recommend taking it at night. Overall, I'm very satisfied with Provera. It made me have a period, just like it supposed to. Now I move on to the next step, taking 50mg of Clomid for 5 days. Hope this gets me pregnant again! Good luck to you ladies and I hope your experience is as good as mine was.

Related Reading: miscarriage | hot flashes