Provera User Reviews

Provera - User Reviews

Provera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bnaylor, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 23

ok this drug is great for some and not others. I personally like it because then I know that I am going to get my period! To top it off this is the way I get Pregnant, I take this for 10 days then I wait normally 10 days for the cycle then on days 5-9 of the cycle I get to take letrizole(femara) for fertility, have intercourse days 10, 12,14,16,18,20. It does come with risks and such but god only gives us what we can handle! I have a beautiful daughter becasue of this treatment, and trying for another. I have PCOS and endometriosis. I am also missing an ovary so ladies and gents(if you read this) miricales can happen, don't give up, waste all of your options.

Related Reading: femara | endometriosis

Comment from: kscott11, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

Heavy bleeding prompted my Dr to prescribe this drug, It worked in two days, but now I am experiencing cramping which I have not had prior to taking it. I take it at night so the side effects have been non-existent.

Comment from: sunny4utoo, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I have PCOS and I haven't had a period in 4 months and it was a light period... I took the Provera 10 days and then a week later I had a period.. I have to tell u I was thinking I wasn't going to have a period and I was having symptoms but, no period but, then Today I just started!!! =) So, I am very excited and happy about my period!!! It works it really does.. U just have to give it time to work!!

Comment from: TrentsMUM, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I was put on the 10mg pill for 10days, after I took it, I had no period yet, I forgot that there is what they call the 3-7 withdrawl period, where you wont bleed during this time. So I waited and finally 2days after the withdrawl I started, now when I am done I can try to concieve for a second child. Going thru the side effects was bad but what do you expect when you dont have a period for over 3months. Def. worth taking the meds, but everyone's body is different and I wish nothing but hope for whomever else has to take this med.

Comment from: Diamond_gal85, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I took this drug due to 6 months without a period. I took it for 10 days as perscribed and a few days after my final dose it started! It worked great with little to no side effects for me.

Comment from: grl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

This medicine is AMAZING. After not having a period for 2 months, I took the 10 days of Provera and the day after my last pill, I started spotting and the next day my period came. Now, this is definitely one of my worst periods, but the fact that it came and now I can start TTC again is wonderful!!

Comment from: csAZ07, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

I have taken this pill for 8 days now & already started my period on day 5. Am I suppose to finish taking the pills? Definitely worked for me.

Comment from: NikidyRoo, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

My period had been absent for 6 months, after a pap-smear, ultrasound, and several blood tests came back normal my doctor prescribed Provera 10 mg/day for 10 days. 5 days after I stopped taking it my period came back. I was told to expect severe PMS symptoms and that this could be the "mother of all periods" but it hasn't been that at all. I didn't have any PMS symptoms, or any side effects from the drug whatsoever. It worked wonderfully for me, that said, I also had many tests before starting it that indicated there wasn't any other reason for my period stopping other than stress/hormonal imbalance. I think that these tests should always be done before Provera is prescribed. Just my 2 cents, I hope everyone has as much luck as I did.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: hrlygrl80, 25-34 (Patient) Published: January 03

After not having a period for over 3 months, and trying to conceive, I started on this and just a couple days after finishing my doses I started my period!!!

Comment from: Done!, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 09

Excessive bleeding for over a year (periods lasting 14 days 5 of which I would bleed through 2 super tampons and a super maxi every half hour), finally got to the point where the period wouldn't stop (1 month). Put on birth control to get the periods under control- they didn't stop so after another full month of bleeding I was put on 10 mg Provera 3 times a day (30 mg total). Within 2 weeks the period finally stopped, I am tired but I think that is due to enemia, I think the stuff is great, no side effects except for a really nasty headache yesterday and fever- I hate to say it but I will take the headache and fever over the period any day!

Related Reading: birth control | headache | fever