Provera User Reviews

Provera - User Reviews

Provera User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provera sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 28

I have always taken 10 days and 10mg.This medication helped me to concieve 3 years ago. I am on it again for a second child. I have always had inconsistent periods. No problems with the medication. I didn't gain weight, in fact, I lost weight.

Comment from: FaithandHope16, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

I have PCOS. I haven't had my period in 7 months. My husband and I are trying to conceive. So, the doctor prescribed provera so I would get my period. I'm supposed to take my last pill today. I've been taking the drug for 9 days and I have experienced A LOT of bloating and irritability. When I first started the medication, I was VERY moody too. I hope my period comes in a few days! :)

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

Have taken this drug several times to start a menstrual cycle in combo with fertility drug. I take it for 5 days and my period starts with in two weeks. The side effects (sore breasts, tiredness, and extreme PMS) can be a bit over-whelming

Comment from: none, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 01

I have a uterine fibroid. I am 56 years old. Have been taking provera 10 mg - up to 60 mg a day to stop heavy bleeding, clots etc brought on by the uterine fibroid. I find the provera does eventually work - I usually have to take provera for about 3 weeks to stop the bleeding, only problem I have experience has been shortness of breath - and probably elevated blood pressure caused by the provera. The alternative to provera is to have a hysterectomy - and I refuse to have a hysterectomy since I am hoping my fibroid should shrink.

Comment from: nicolesmiles172, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I have PCOS and trying to concieve I havent had a period in over 4months took this for 10 days.. 2 days later got my period and the worst one i ever had.. hopefully will be able to concieve to make it worth it

Comment from: andreia, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

th epills made very sleepy, I took them for 10 days..still no period.. it's been over 2 weeks now. I already saw my doctor and he doesn't know what's wrong? anyone else have that problem?

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL. FELT NORMAL THE WHOLE TIME TAKING THE PILLS (5 DAYS) PERIOD WAS NORMAL.

Comment from: kaylakat29, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 08

My periods were always regular throughout my teen years and twenties. After stopping the birth control pill, it was a guessing game to when I was going to get my period. Since my husband and I are ttc I went to a new doctor to see what really what my next steps were. After an internal sonogram he prescribed me with Provera for PCOS. I took it for 7 days with no side effects. On the 5th after taking it I began my period and it lasted for 7 days. The only major side effects were cramping and heavy flow. I had bloodwork on my third day of bleeding to test some hormones and everything was normal. My blood sugar was a little high at 110 so now I'm on my first day of Metformin. Provera worked well and I'm happy to be on my next step to conceiving.

Comment from: MrsMK, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

My doctor told me that Provera is a hormone that builds up your uterine lining and sometime after you stop taking your 10 day dose, your body will then shed the lining. She said it will be heavy and there may be clots but not to worry. I was on the pill for two years, stopped in March. Got regular periods and then I went 70 days without one, so my doctor ran a serum, or blood, pregnancy test (I had taken 7 at home urine tests - all negative) and also had my thyroid's effectiveness checked. Everything was normal there and I wasn't pregnant so she put me on Provera. It was inexpensive compared to the pill and just as easy to take. Felt a little woozy the first two days and ate everything chocolate in sight but seem to be doing well now. Can't wait to see that period again soon! :)

Related Reading: pregnancy