Provigil User Reviews

Provigil - User Reviews

Provigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: elw, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 31

After 3 nighttime sleep studies, 2 of which also included daytime sleep studies, the final conclusion was that I suffered from "Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Disorder". All I knew was that I was fighting hard to keep up my successful career, and it seemed to be getting harder all the time. According to my dr, Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Disorder runs in families, and I can see it in certain of my family members. I just did not have the energy or brainpower to keep up with work and home, and no amount of sleep seemed to help me shake it. I knew something was really wrong because when I traveled, and upon boarding a plane, I would put my carry-ons up, sit down, and the next thing I knew, we were in the air. Provigil gave me my life back. I've been taking it for over 2 years now. As far as I can tell, I've suffered no adverse reactions. If I forget to take my next dose, my brain lets me know when it has run out of steam. But as long as I take my doses as prescribed, I am fully functioning all day long. Power of concentration is back, grogginess is gone, and I have energy to do more than just veg out. This is a miracle drug for me!

Related Reading: sleep | Provigil

Comment from: LisaC-NNY, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 20

Provigil has been WONDERFUL. For the past seven years I have been fighting to find out what is wrong with me. All I wanted to do was sleep, I felt awful. The first doctor called it depression and I tried three different SRIs before taking prozac for 4 years. About 1-1/2 years ago I decided to wean off the prozac. I felt I was missing my life. I wasn't the me I missed. I found another doctor, and because I am also always in a lot pain - I was living on excedrine -(made up of tylenol & asprin for the pain, and caffine to keep me moving), we did alot tests. She said due to high virus markers I had chronic fatigue. I also believe it's fibromalagia but we haven't discussed it yet). I almost cried telling her I felt like I'd missed the last 5-7 years of my children's lives because I was always so tired and in pain. She asked if I wanted to try provigil. I would have tried anything. I HAVE MY LIFE BACK! I've been taking it for about 6 months now and I feel like ME again. I don't just want to lay down and sleep after lunch at work and I don't come home and fall asleep on the couch like before. I get things done. I ENJOY doing all kinds of things with my kids and I don't feel like I'm paying for it physically when I do. This medicine seems to help with the pain and maybe the migraines too. I am amazed at how I can think now - no fog. I JUST FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! (I do still ached somewhat but not like before!) I went to this site to see what others felt about it becasue I didn't know it was going to help with the pain and was wondering just what this miracle drug was. Thanks for your reviews - it inspired me to share. I take 100mg a day at 6am and by 9-10pm I'm ready for sleep. IT HAS TRULY CHANGED MY LIFE!! I HAVE a life again!

Related Reading: depression | prozac | tylenol

Comment from: tshtck@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 21

I have been using Provigil for about 6 years now. I have been liviving with MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS for about 10 years now. About 6 years ago I was fighting really bad FATIGUE! I have been on Provigil ever sence then. I feel it has worked for me very well!!, It has been very easy for me to use!!!, Yes I have been satisfied with the overall experience with Provigil. I really don't know how I would do with out it.? TAUSHA~

Related Reading: MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS | FATIGUE

Comment from: None, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

I rotate Provigil with Amantadine and Ritalin for the fatigue I have from my MS. It lasts about a year before I have to start again with one of the other ones. They all last about 1 year before I become immune or they are not as effective as they started out. It has been a godsend for me. It helps me focus and stay alert. I like what it does for me, so does my husband, not so tired all the time.

Related Reading: Ritalin

Comment from: annie, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 13

PROVIGIL GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK. I haved suffered from major chronic depression since my teens that caused me to lose years of productivity as my doctors struggled to find the right anti-depressants, mood-stablilizers, anti-psychotics, etc... There is hardly any on this entire list I haven't been on. After 10 years of intensive in-patient and out patient drug and psychotherapy I finally became stable enough to go back to work. BUT, the drugs made me too sleepy to work and my doctor wasn't about to put me on the true "speedy" meds after all my bouts with overdoses. I started Provigil 6 months before I returned to work and I am back leading a full life again. I have been back at my original career (teaching) for 6 years. The first 2 years my doctor provided me with all the free samples expecting the FDA approval we were bitterly dissappointed when that didn't happen. My insurance started giving us all kinds of trouble after it wasn't approved for other problems. Like most people i cannot afford $750+ for one medicine. What you can do is have your doctor order a sleep study and then when he/she shows proof that you have had a sleep study done the insurances usually relent. I don't know what I would do without this drug. I would still be sitting at home watching the world go by. I hope that one day the FDA would listen to those of us this drug has helped and have used it responibly to improve our quality of life and in very good cases, like mine, even go back to work and feel like the professional i was trained to be.

Related Reading: teens

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.