Provigil User Reviews

Provigil - User Reviews

Provigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Nikki w/MS, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

May 2003.After 2 other meds. had failed for my MS fatigue; I finally found Provigil.Now, Jan 2010, I take 1 in the morning & 1 mid-day. Thank God for Provigil.

Comment from: chelseigh, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 19

I have Multiple Sclerosis and chronic fatigue is a major problem as is being able to focus since we just we feel "cloudy" sometimes is the best way I can describe it. The first day I took this pill I was ecstatic at how good it made me feel. I was able to focus, I had enough energy to clean my house and most important of all just being able to get out of bed. I recommend this to people if your doc finds it appropiriate. My hardest time was when I had to come off of it due to pregnancy and then nursing my baby. I am happy that I am able to take it again. My neurologist who has MS himself takes it as well. I hope anyone who takes it has the same experience.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: sue, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

For years I struggled with what my doctor thought was depression - and I was exhausted, occurring every 2 months or so - I would hardly be able to get out of bed. Once I used Provigil, it went away. I have some sleep apnea (had sleep study done), but the fatigue has gone away during the day, and I don't wake up feeling like I got "hit with a hammer" - and no depression.

Related Reading: sleep apnea

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

I have Fibromyalgia and with that came severe fatigue all day, memory loss, and severe lack of motivation. Because of this I was in fear that I may lose my job because I didm't want to get out of bed. I have been taking Provigil for only a week now but it has chnged my life. I am alert motivated and ready to go to work every morning. My memory has improved and I no longer have severe pain and I am no longer "fuzzy headed" all the time. I also sleep like a baby at night! I feel like a new person!

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia

Comment from: S.jaros, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

I have had daytime sleepiness my whole life but now I am 47 and it has really become a problem. I have no apnea and can easily sleep 10 hours a night. A one or two hour nap is always welcome as well. Some people would kid me that I was lazy and that sleep is my favorite past time. Well, it is my favorite past time but I'm not lazy. I have 3 kids, two part-time jobs, a beautiful bayfront house and I go to the gym 5 days a week. I am at a healthy weight. What people don't understand is how hard it is to go through the day feeling like you're walking through mud. Yawning-sluggish-just wanting to..that's right-go to bed! Provigil has at least helped me stay awake during the day. I can still sleep 10 hours a night but at least I can skip the daytime naps. I have been prescribed 200 mg. a day but am taking 300-I will call my dr. next week and let him know I have uped the dosage. I have seen no funky side-effects. I would definatly recommend this especially to women who have to run a household, have small kids, ect. It's at least worth a try. Life is no fun when all you want to do is sleep.

Comment from: ggma, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

I have cronic fatigue with fibromyalgia. this make me alert and active all day!

Comment from: joeinbham, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 16

I was given this medication to try in hopes of relieving 30 years of chronic intractable depression. Provigil was prescribed and the Lexipro dose I take was lowered by half. The result was nothing short of a miracle for me. I would even go on to say that it cured my depression completely. Now, all of my hopes and dreams in life are possible. Where as before, I had almost given up due to my chronic depression and countless attempts to keep my focus and mood up due to my depression. I am 44 now and feel like I just started to really live 3 years ago. I have a great psychiatrist, therapist, family, friends and God to thank for getting me to that day 3 years ago. I could never have dreamed that I would be doing the things I do today in a happy and consistent way.

Comment from: ktonelli00, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

It has been a long time since I have felt this awake. I have so much more energy. It is unreal how much better I feel after only a few days on this medication. I can't sit still I want to do so much. This is a wonderful medication. It has given me hope. After so many years of being tired all the time.

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.