Provigil User Reviews

Provigil - User Reviews

Provigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: December 12

Used for 3 months for chronic MS fatigue (2 months of free samples, 1 prescibed). Stopped taking because there is no generic and it is very costly. 200mg/day worked great for me but have recently switched to Amantadine because there is a generic and it is less expensive.

Comment from: mamagl, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 17

Provigil has been very good for me. I've been suffering with chronic pain for many many years, so I'm on pain medications for many years also. Which lead to constant sleepiness & sometime I can't even tell what day it is, cause I've been sleeping for days. Only reason I'm waking is can't bear the pain even I'm sleeping & because pain is so bad I can't reach pain pills. Finally I've spoke to my doctor about sleeping problem, because I've felt it's not worth living, when all I'm doing is nothing but sleeping & taking pain pills. My doctor gave me PROVIGIL to try out & next morning I've felted like a new person. I was up about 10hrs & my mine was so clear, I could take care of my check book. Hallelujah!!!! Since then I've been doing very well. Except, my biggest problem is wonderful " INSURANCE Co.s". Because I don't have "Narcolepsy" they denied every time. So, now I'm paying it out of my little Disability check I'm receiving & it's very expensive, but lease I can leave like almost normal person, instead sleep my life away. Thank God for Provigil, even though I have less money.

Related Reading: chronic pain | Narcolepsy

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 29

i have had MS since i was 27-i am now 56. within the last 4 years, my symptoms have greatly increased and i had difficulty dealing with fatigue in addition to other symptoms. this drug has made a tremendous difference--i have much more energy and rarely have to nap, enabling me to sleep better at night. with less fatigue, i can cope much more effectively with the other symptoms' it does dramatically decrease my appetite so that i often forget to eat--it helps to have a meal before taking the med. although provigil can't alleviate the actual disease, it has certainly been helpful for me

Comment from: rheeah7, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I have cfs with severe spine and disc problems. Between pain and exaustion what I normally feel is very extreme. I have just started 100mg of the Provigil and have already felt the difference. I have been alert, able to complete tasks and even got out in my garden. Although I overdid it, I felt great getting outside. I have learned to take it very early in A.M. as the later I take it the longer I am up at night. 8am should be the latest time to take the med. I will make sure I monitor myself with smart breaks, but overall I feel mentally and physically better. This is amazing. If this is something that may not last, I am going to enjoy this time and put it to good use.

Comment from: Judy, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I was put on this for my fatigue, I was sooo tired through out the day, I had problems mentally, and physically. This is my life saver..but... and it is a big BUT...it is o EXPENSIVE, don't know if I can afford to stay on it... so I'm going to do some research, and see if there might be something else I can use.

Comment from: pollady mar, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 10

I have MS and sleep apnea. I had no energy. Started taking provigl and I now have my life back. Of course with the Ms I have limitations, but now I have a clean house and clean clothes!

Comment from: Accountant, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 29

Take provigil for extreme debilitating fatigue during day. I take 200mg tablet once a day early enough that it won't keep me awake at night. Super results without narcotic type euphoria. Been taking for six years. Because of the cost $10/pill) and insurance refusal to recognize effectiveness and refusal to pay for drug, I only take provigil once every 4 or 5 days. Strange reactions from doctor regarding drug. Some think it's effective; another might think it's narcotic-like and addictive. No addiction here.

Comment from: SLEEPING BEAR, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 11

For several years I have been diagonised with Bi-polar, Depression, Fibormyalgia, and now Ostoarthritis. The amount of pain I live with on a daily basis, keeps me from sleeping and moving. I started taking Provigil and immediately I could start moving around a little more than I had in 6 years. Then my sleep started improving and from that my mood swings lessened. Even though I am still in the same amount of pain I am able to live with it better. I fine now that I sleep better, I have more energy to at least try to get up. Now Nuvigil has given me the extra stregenth to try to be a little more mobile each day. The lack of sleep and pain diminishes my life to a invalid in bed. Provigil and now Nuvagil have given me the ability to get out of bed for an hour or two each day. I feel like there's hope for me now to maybe get better. The better quality sleep I get the better quality of life I have.

Related Reading: Nuvigil

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.