Provigil User Reviews

Provigil - User Reviews

Provigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Provigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: so grateful, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 27

For me, this medication has been a miracle. I normally have no motivation to get things done, even enjoyable activities. But, when I take Provigil, I have motivation to do anything I want to... from work to fun things. I no longer have to fight with myself to keep from wanting to sleep all day. I take this medication for depression. But since it is not FDA approved for depression, I have to pay out of pocket, and have to order it out of the country because in the USA it is only approved for ADD, sleep apnea, shift work, and narcalepsy. Never the less, I am so grateful to have it. I no longer dread each day, and it has had nothing but good effects on my life.

Comment from: Vidalia, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

It is expensive and for whatever reason my insurance company has "limited quanity" allowances. I cannot take what they Dr wants me to take. Only half. Sad when big insurance companies dictate your perscriptions over the Dr.

Comment from: cjjcats, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and this has been a miracle drug for me. I now feel awake enough during the entire day to do my normal activiies.

Related Reading: chronic fatigue syndrome

Comment from: MS for 16 years, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I have had MS for 16 years. I am currently 36. After 7-10 years, I received a secondary diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I was prescribed Amantadine. This was very unsuccessful. I continued to excercise and get plenty of rest. Finally my Dr. prescribed Provigil. I was reluctant at first because I have Mitro Valve Prolapse (rapid heart beat / Heart mumur). My fatigue began to intensify and now I take the drug as needed. Started with 100mg and now that I have a two year old & fulltime job, I am taking 200mg. This drug works wonders. I reduced my caffeine intake, take prenatal multivitamins, biotin, Caltrate (MS patients need Vitamin D), & improve my eating habits. This drug helps with Chronic Fatigue but I believe patients can also help themselves by improving their overall health.

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.