Prozac User Reviews

Prozac - User Reviews

Prozac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prozac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kay, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 01

This medication is great for people who worry excessively. It softens the blows in life. I am thankful that this medicine is available to treat depression and anxiety. I have taken 40 mg per day for years. I remember what my life was like before this drug was prescribed to me. I am much better now. If you are relucant to try this drug, please know that it has helped many people. I hope you are one of them.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety

Comment from: Taylore, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 19

First let me say I have been on Effelxor,Wellbutrin,Zoloft,Pristiq, Seroqual, Ambilify,Lexapro,Celexa, and Cymbalta. With all I had side effects. I am very sensitive to medications. On prozac just under a month. I have only had the side effect of tiredness.Do not judge a medication or read to much into others. You are likely to have things happen because you read about it. The mind is our most powerful tool. Remembering even Asprin has side effects. I am on 20mg a day in the am, and Xanax .25mg 2 X a day. This is good for me. I know many who have had success with some of the drugs I couldn't use. Don't give up you will find the one too. Also there are some people who will bash a medication 50+ times, as someone has done for Prozac. One more thing I find no difference from brand to generic, possible another mind issue for others.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | Zoloft | Pristiq

Comment from: Razorback, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 07

After taking Prozac for many years at 60 Mgs daily, my wife was diagnosed with stage IV Lymphoma Feb. 14, 2007. Our life has been a living hell since then. Many Chemo. tratments, hospital stays, a stem cell transplant and nothing has helped. I did some research on the medications my wife was taking prior to the cancer. I went to Eli Lilly's web site and researched the side effects of Prozac. One of the side effects of a high dose is the inflamation of the lympnodes which can lead to Lymphoma cancer. I lowered the dose my wife now takes to 40 MG a day. We can not stop the Prozac now because of this horrible cancer and the depression involved. We are a young retired couple living a life of hell, I feel because of Prozac. Thank you for reading this and remember the most important thing in life is your Health and the Health of the ones you love.

Related Reading: Prozac | cancer

Comment from: Abby, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 26

Prozac has given me back my life. The doctor tried other medications and none of them were right for me. However, Generic Prozac was terrible. When I went on that it was as if I went cold turkey off regular prozac and started taking sugar pills. I went into a severe depression on the generic and it took many months to get my life back on track. Name Brand Prozac is wonderful -- Generic Prozac should be taken of the market.

Comment from: Whinie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 28

I'm 40, had serious depression, ocd and high anxiety with panic attacks since 14. After taking Prozac for a week I've never looked back! All those symptoms are gone and life is great again. I don't worry constantly, stay in bed under the covers and cry because of depression and I don't obcess or things, like mistakes I've made, or that my kids are grown or tramatic events in my life. I've lost 30 pounds, have lots of energy and am happy 99% of the time. I am alive once again instead of struggling to get through everyday, not leaving my house because I was afraid of people, and the only real relief I got was sleeping, when I didn't have terribly traumatic night terrors. I can't tell you how prozac, the generic, has saved my life. Suicidal thoughts are gone too. I would recommend it to everyone. Thank God for my Doctor! I was so afraid of trying Prozac, but I'm so glad I did. I plan on being on it for the rest of my life. I take 20mg daily and I've been on it almost 5 months.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 22

I was diagnosed with clnical depression in 1991 at age 41. I am 57; therefore I have been taking Prozac for 16 years. Literally, I am alive today because of Prozac. (I was suicidal at times.) I have found it to be very effective in the treatment of depression. I have had to increase my dosage over the years from 10 mg to 60 mg. The generic Prozac does not work for me.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 08

I used Prozac for 8 yrs for mild depression; very effective. Never manic or manic/depressive. In May 2007, took Mucinex DM for persistent cough. Began having double vision & manic symptoms. Later research revealed that DEXTROMETHORPHAN, a common ingredient in many over-the-counter cold products, can produce above side-effects in Prozac patients. Horrible experience. Don't find out the way I did. Always consider side-effects of other products.

Related Reading: cough | double vision