Prozac User Reviews

Prozac - User Reviews

Prozac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prozac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 05

First, I would like to say that it is crucial to find the right medicine for you by working with a doctor you trust. Prozac works for me, but may not work for you. Don't give up, and most importantly, don't wait to get help. Make an appointment as soon as you have questions or concerns about your mind and/or body. For me, personally, Prozac has been great. I suffered from depression during most of my twenties, but was resistant to taking medicine. I was worried about side effects. I tried Zoloft, which did not work for me - made me jittery (which might have been the dosage, or just the med). I've also taken ADD meds for ADD and had symptoms of paranoia with the two that I tried on separate occasions. I find that the Prozac helps a little with ADD. I've come to just accept my ADD also - I felt like a different person when I was medicated for it. Prozac has helped my depression significantly. I don't have major side effects. I have had weight gain, but I don't know if I can blame the medicine. It is harder to achieve an orgasm (I'm a woman) but I can still get there. The sexual side effects have been frustrating sometimes, but I wouldn't trade the feelings of well being I have when I take my 20 mg day as prescribed(I went off of it once cold turkey and the depression came back). Again, hang in there, best wishes, and find a doctor who listens to you and is knowledgeable in their field.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: HT, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

I have been on this for a month and I feel mellow all the time, I have noticed I am loosing weight and don't feel the need to eat or get full fast I sleep better at night and all around much ontent with everything.

Comment from: WandaGayle, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 14

I have tried different types of antidepressants and Prozac is number 1 in my book. I love it! I have been on it for almost 2 years and my depression is very minimal. It makes me sleep good at night and I feel good all day long! I am on 40mg of it and its awesome! I would recommend this to anyone that has depression and anixety and OCD.

Related Reading: antidepressants

Comment from: lunacats, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 02

I had been taking Prozac since 1994, I felt it wasn't effective anymore so last year I asked my doctor for something else. I spent a year on Lexapro. I just saw my doctor last week and I am back on Prozac, at a higher dosage. I believe that was all that was needed. With Prozac, my life is on an even keel again. I feel Prozac has the least amount of side effects and does not affect my core personality like Lexapro did.

Related Reading: Lexapro

Comment from: missy robinson, 35-44 (Patient) Published: July 24

i can't rave about prozac enough, i have been just a mom and a wife for the past 17 years of my life and i'm only 36 years old, at some point i lost myself, i forgot who i was and what i like, and slowly i am finding myself again. i do get tired at aroud 9 pm but i do get up at 5 am. over all i am enjoying my life more i can spend time with my kids without getting annoyed and anxious. i am still having problems with my marriage i feel i have been so distant from my husband for so long i just don;t know if we can find eachother again, or if i'm just ready to start allover with my own path in life. i feel alot of guilt over the seperation that has come between us but now atleast i am able to cope with the stress, i can concentrate at work and about the important things in life with my kids. i feel i have made so many mistakes while depressed like forgetting things feild trip permission slips, bagged lunches, important occasions, i didn't even go to my sisters baby shower because i just did't want to be around people and i just regret it so much. if you are suffering from depression try prozac i might work or you might have to try a few different ones to get the result you need, but prozac is my lifesaver!! it is worth a try i forgot what it was like to feel happy, just to have a smile on the inside instead of faking it on the outside to everyone. i am happy to wake up in the morning and have my morning cup of coffee it's not a bother for me to ake dinner anymore , it has made me come alive again.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 04

This drug has helped me so much. (The first 1-2 weeks on it made me feel awful...but I hung in there and now I'm fine.)I was very reluctant to take it at first (it took an unprompted crying fit in my doctor's office for him to ask me to consider it.) I was afraid it would turn me into someone I'm not, but actually, I feel more like myself (minus the excessive anxiety). I used to cry most days and worry to the point of having anxiety attacks. I no longer cry unless there's actually a reason. I do experience pretty serious fatigue (to the point where I fall asleep watching movies quite often). I've started consuming more caffeine and that has helped. (I would love any suggestions for what to do about the fatigue besides caffeine...)

Related Reading: fatigue