Prozac User Reviews

Prozac - User Reviews

Prozac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prozac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 06

I was very depressed and giving up on life and relationships that mean a lot to me normally. Since taking the medication I have a renewed zest for living and the people I care about

Comment from: Ibrahm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

Well I just started taking Prozac by emedoutlet to help me deal with depression and anxiety. I returned from from a tour in Iraq about three months ago and my symptoms kept getting worse and worse. I've been taking Prozac for about a week now and I'm already feeling relief from it. It's like all the problems are still there, they just dont get to me like they used to. It's been very helpful so far.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I had tried taking trazedone, zoloft, xanax, valium, etc. Nothing worked. Trazedone made me tired, zoloft was like taking a sugar pill- even after the doctor quadrupled my dose, xanax made me feel like a half-asleep zombie, and valium messed me up. Prozac has worked for me for the past 3 months. It has been like a complete miracle drug. I have no side effects, and I haven't had a suicide thought/attempt, or a panic attack since i started taking it.

Related Reading: xanax | valium | zoloft

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 20

Honestly I believe that without Prozac I would be a hermit who never left my home. I now work and can travel without panicing that I am too far away from a hospital. Also I can fly on planes now and even went on a 4 hour plane ride.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have tried several medications for depression. And I have tried to go off medication several times. It is something I know I will have to take the rest of my life. It is so worth it to me. It is the quality of life and the enjoyment I treasure the most. I thas changed my quality of life....

Comment from: MoxieWomyn, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

I've had a terrible year with one thing after another and I was so depressed I couldn't handle it anymore. This drug is wonderful - it took about a month to get in my system - but now I am able to handle all the horrors that life throws at me. I am able to sort things out and think rationally and take charge. I've lost weight, put things in order and am so thankful for my doctor's decision to put me on Prozac.

Comment from: crazynurse, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 19

I started taking Prozac 15 years ago due to family situations, depression, and not being able to "cope with life" in general. I was started out on 10 mg daily in the beginning. As of now, I take 80-100 mg depending on the time of the year. I lost both my mom and dad within the last 8 years and have found by increasing my dose around holidays that I get through those times better. NO ONE should adjust their own medication without consulting a physcian first. And believe me, I have tried every other antidepressant out there and it took alot of conviencing for my physician to agree to the increasing of my dose. Today I feel happy, well adjusted, "normal", and able to cope with any thing that comes my way.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

Prozac has been just great, I just can't get depressed anymore, no side effects. I think the drug is great, I just don't feel buried with all the depressing things that happen. The depression doesn't cling to me anymore, I just move forward, way better than mirtazapine, no bad dreams, not foggy in the morning. Might work to well, just can't get angry and really don't care too. I was a mess before, a stage 4 cancer survivor I had some real anxiety. This stuff really helped.

Comment from: Spot, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 30

Prozac worked for me, the first time I tried it, in only a few days. I stopped crying 24/7,& realized how I had abandoned housekeeping & personal hygeine totally. If I'm I miss taking my Prozac on schedule and under under severe stress, I still have some suicidal thougts, but NO actual plans or preparations for suicide, which I've done with other medications. The important thing for me is to remember to take the Prozac in the morning because it does lift my mood & if I take it at night, I don't sleep at all. You must NOT exceed your doctor's prescribed dosage or instructions for any reason. Make a chart or use a calendar & mark off each day after, not before, you take your Prozac. Don't be shy about telling your doctor everything you feel or think while you're taking Prozac. He can't regulate your dosage properly or know if it's the right medication for you, or if you need tests...if you don't give him the full facts and the truth. Besides Prozac, find someone, anyone, to tell your problems to. Don't hide from the world and think things will magically get better. They won't. Been there, tried that. Good luck to you. Spot

Related Reading: suicide