Prozac User Reviews

Prozac - User Reviews

Prozac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prozac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: TeeLady, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 11

I have used this med for over 20 years. I was at a point of being suicidal at the time but I recommend counseling along with any antidepressnt drug if your situation is serious. Mine was. I was so depressed for so long that it was hard for my body to let go and be less depressed, but after a few weeks along with conseling I realized I was beginning to do better. Over the years, circumstances got better, so I began taking 10 mg every other day because its half life is longer than most of the other meds. I now take none and am maintaining pretty good at present because life circumstances got better. I've looked at other antidepressants but I will probably use Prozac again should I need it. I still suggest seeing a pshycologist or pshychiatrist for evaluation before starting any antidepressant. Depression is caused by a lot of different things and one pill by itself may not fix the problem. You must peel the layers off of depression like the layers of an onion to heal. Good luck.

Comment from: nana6juz4eh, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

Suffered from depression and anxiety severely for 12 yrs. Prozac and low dose clonazepam are a miracle.I feel normal for the first time probably in my 52 yrs. No side effects,no drugged feeling. Just content and not obcessivley worrying every second. This has given me my life back. What a wonderful holiday season this will be.

Comment from: RevMike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 23

I had been barely functionaly depressed for more than 15 years. I finally got up the nerve to see a doctor about this and he proscribed 20mg of prozac. Within 2 weeks I lost all sense of being depressed and was myself again. I have now used it for almost a year with the same results. My doctor did tell me to try 40mg but that gave me spuractic bursts of anziety so I cut back down to only 20mg. I wish I would have taken this med over 15 years ago I would have avoided many problems that developed due to the depression.