Pulmicort Flexhaler User Reviews

Pulmicort Flexhaler - User Reviews

Pulmicort Flexhaler User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pulmicort Flexhaler sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

I've started to develop sore throat, earaches, feeling like I'm coming down with the flu and nausea. The onset of sore throat seemed to happen within an hour of taking it and would go away after a few hours till the next dose, but now has become more persistent and also includes earache, hoarseness and feeling sick. Also, it's hard for me to get enough force from my lungs to breath this in fully. And, I still have to use my rescue inhaler a few times a week.

Related Reading: sore throat | flu | hoarseness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

This is the best asthma medication I have ever used. It doesn't leave a nasty taste in your mouth and I haven't used my rescue inhaler in almost a year. I have experienced no side effects. I have even taken up running, something that always caused an asthma attack when I was a kid.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Jan, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

My seven year old son has begun using this as opposed to the pulmicort respules with the nebulizer. He loves it. It's easy and much quicker than the nebulizer! And, his breating has never been better.

Related Reading: pulmicort respules

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 06

My 7 year old son has been taking this medication for over a year with great success apart from nosebleeds and nasal stuffiness. He has been taken off this medication recently and immediately began having sleep problems. He began getting scared at bed time and crying for long periods of time in bed. He complains of feeling sad and tired in bed, and of not having enough sleep for his daily activities. He has never been fearful of bedtime in his life. I hope that with more time off the drug his sleep will return to normal.

Comment from: ayannaj, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 14

I stopped using this drug after 2 days because I was having a hard time swallowing after usage.

Comment from: fllday, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 10

I have used Pulmucort flexhaler for about 3 years and it works for me. Find I don't need to use the inhaler anymore unless I am sick with cough.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 23

I am 60 yrs old, on Pulmicort since 1997, and WARNING! I just had my first DEXA scan (bone loss) and horrid results. Hips fine but lumber (affected area for Pulmicort) is severe loss. Technician states due to Pulmicort which does cause bone loss! Cannot reverse unless I take the added risk of more drugs. Am getting off ASAP. Please check the web for Pulmicort side effects! It's there!

Comment from: Ma L, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

59 yr old woman started vaginal bleading after 2 weeks on drug. also given Xopenex hfa, not sure which is cause. eased off bleeding stoped, started back bleeding started. anyone had this experience? Dr says not side affect.

Related Reading: Xopenex hfa

Comment from: pulmicort flexhaler, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

Within 1 hour of taking the drug my throat felt odd, I vomited my dinner, got the chills, tightening in my chest and feel shaky and nauseous. I have a terrible taste in my mouth.