Pulmicort Respules User Reviews

Pulmicort Respules - User Reviews

Pulmicort Respules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pulmicort Respules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Izzie, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 14

My son was extremely aggressive while on this medication, and he experienced intense mood swings as well. His behavior improved immensely and his mood swings disappeared after he stopped taking it.

Comment from: Genesm, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 06

I had an asthma attack that woke me from my sleep. I could not breathe my throat was so constricted. After a minute or so it opened up. I had test done and it was determined that I was alergic to dust mites that caused the attack. I have been on Pulmicort for about 11 years now and it works very well. I do have another rescue inhaler but seldom need it. I take two puffs from the pulmicort inhaler each morning and sometimes before bedtime as needed. It works well.

Comment from: Yatnaes, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

I didnt use my rescue inhaler or nebulizer nearly as much when taking this medicine but boy oh boy were the side effects horrible! After taking two puffs each day for about 2-3 months, I started to notice that my vision was extremely blurry. I would also have the worst mood swings that I would blame on PMS but it would last much much longer. I've also gained weight and couldnt understand why. (Before Pulmicort, I was doing prednisone and Advair, resp.) Ugh!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 24

taking this medication for occasional flareups of my asthma which seem to be pretty bad as of recent. much more effective than albuterol treatments. ive noticed my appetite has increased significantly no weight gain but then again i work out fairly regularly. im also experiencing random joint pain. (ankle and shoulder) the fatigue is pretty annoying. even with these side effects i will pick pumicort over albuterol any day. it effectively relieves chest tightness and bronchospasms way better than any other treatment ive tried.

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 19

My 2 year old daughter has been taking pulmicort through a nebulizer for 6 months now. She is really aggressive and it really hasn't kept her out of the doctors office. She still gets asthma flare ups and has to go on prednisone it seems like every month.

Comment from: amineh1825, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 05

My daughter is only 6 and has been on pulmicort for the last 5 years and it seems that she is getting larger and larger.

Comment from: Terr, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

I also have the BP issue when I start this drug. My Dr. also tells me to keep taking it instead of looking at alternatives. Even after my BP was extremely high and he wanted me to start another med for the BP. I stopped the Pulmicort instead and my next visit (a week later) my BP dropped to 120/80. He still wanted me to take this medication as my breathing was worse! I refuse to take it more then once a day and only in the Spring and Summer when my symptoms worsen! By the way I have more then one Pharmacist tell me thay yes the medication can increase BP!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 19

Works wonders for the asthma symptoms. I even forget that I suffer from it. The only negative that I have is I get thrush constantly (also with advair). I'm looking into something else because of it. I've had thrush over a dozen times while on this medicine. Bummer because it works so well.

Related Reading: thrush

Comment from: Judy, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I have been diagnosed with mild asthma and COPD. A remarkable difference in the amount of wheezing and SOB with Pulmicort. Great Drug!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

The best treatment for me has been Advaire.

Comment from: Terr, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

My Dr. put me on this medication and my BP increased. I go off of it and my BP returns to normal. I have asked to try other medications and he tells me to keep using the Pulmicort. I will only use it for a couple of weeks at a time when I am despirit for relief.