Pyridium User Reviews

Pyridium - User Reviews

Pyridium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pyridium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: julievojo, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

This will turn your urine a bright orange color, so wear a pad so you don't stain your clothing. It works very well and greatly relieves the pain of the infection until the antibiotics can kick in.

Comment from: cathych, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

after just one dose, (my pee turned the orange color after that), all that burning from my uti was gone. It was a godsend.

Comment from: seahawk1195@gmail.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

I seem to have a lot of itching and after taking this Drug three times a day for three days that night I had a fast heart beat. A lot of burning when I urinate. The Itching started with my arms now it's all over my body.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

This was my first UTI. Treatment will turn urine orange-red color, which is normal. I experienced some dizziness but it subsided after the first day. Only take for as long as you are on antibiotic, about 2 or 3 days, which worked very well for me.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: momoftwo2, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 25

I don't know what I would do without this medication. It works within half an hour for me. The orange urine doesn't bother me as long as the pain goes away! I have been using it for frequent urinary tract infections for over 15 years now. I have never had a side effect from it either.

Comment from: nikiblast, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

For some odd reason my kidneys hurt like heck when I take it. So I had to either bear the urinary pain or the pain in my kidneys(which was worst than the urinary pain)

Comment from: kenzabella, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

I got a sudden painful UTI and the doctor prescibed me this medication. He warned me that it would turn my urine dark orange/red, but I was still shocked at HOW orange/red it was. This medication is wonderful as it almost fully took away the pain and burning when urninating. I'm thankful this medication exists!

Comment from: sisleal, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

I was given this medication along with Macrobid for a bladder infection. I've had many, many, many bladder infections (even 2 kidney infections) and have never been prescribed 2 medications for it. I didn't know exactly what it was for, the doctor said it was to relieve the symptoms. After taking this for 3 days and reading about it, I don't think I'm going to continue it. Aside from the urine discoloration (which doesn't bother me), it has seemed to make it sting more in between urination. It doesn't sting when I go, but after I'm done, it stings worse. The antibiotic (Macrobid) by itself has worked just fine for me in the past for relieving the symptoms.

Related Reading: Macrobid | bladder infection

Comment from: stpmom2, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I get UTI's a couple of times a year. Sometimes they're so bad I clot and see blood. This really, really helps with the pain. Take your antibiotic to kill the infection, but take this to get rid of the pain. Nothing works this good or this fast! The only side effect I get is nausea...but I can never tell if it's because of the infection, my antibiotic or if it's this drug. Either way, this stuff is amazing at stopping that unbearable pain and the constant urge to go.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

this medicine is awesome!It helped me so much with my pain with interstitial cystitis.the only bad side effect was bad cottonmouth and a scratchy voice.

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis