Pyridium User Reviews

Pyridium - User Reviews

Pyridium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pyridium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mary rothwell, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I know when I'm getting a bladder infection. I've lerned over the years to recognize it immediately. First I make an appointment with my Doc andthen go by Pyridium. Works like a charm....only one thing though, I have to double the dose to get the soonest effect.

Related Reading: Pyridium

Comment from: tg, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

It took the pain away, but I have a weak stomach, so I sometimes felt nausea when taking it even with food. Also, my left side of my upper back hurts, so I am wondering if it is a side effect on my kidney.

Comment from: caligirl54, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

I used this drug last year with UTI and it was great. It really relieved the burning,and feeling of having to "go". But, I just used it again for the same reason and my heart has been racing. So I got on this web site to see if any problems with others. Well many of you have the same problem, it's in the trash right now.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

It works wonderfully, no pain after the first pill, I just wish they could do something about the nausea. Even eating didn't help.

Comment from: Margaret, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I had my uterus and left ovary removed 15 days prior to being diagnoised with UTI. My right side of my belly felt "full" as if a balloon that was blown up to max. also had alot of pain on entire right side of stomache. This medicaine was great,I was unable to urinate before taking this and Bactrim DS. I would highy recomend it to anyone suffering with UTI pain

Related Reading: Bactrim

Comment from: niteowlpet, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 20

this medicine caused my wife to be re-admitted into the ER 4 hours after taking it. The doctors told us that if she would have waited another 30 minutes or so, she would have been dead. Allergies to the medicine can cause death.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

given by physician after surgery to relieve prostate blockage and enlarge urethea

Comment from: bungs, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

I took this medicine at 7:30pm. by 10:00pm my feet,face,hands,chest,back, and lips were red and swollen.it is day two of not taking the med. and i am still red and swollen, dizzy, and headache.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I have suffered with chronic bladder pain for yrs. Have had several hydradilations. Never given this before. I was diagnosed with a UTI and my Dr. gave me this drug along with anti-biotics. I wish I could take it everyday.

Comment from: Nikki, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

i have had 2 UTI's inthe last month. The first antibiotic was leviquin. The second was sulpha. Pyridium was used in conjunction with both. Both time s I had a 3 day migraine headache- it has to be the pyridium. Never again.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: lolemar, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

I have never taken this medicine before. I took the first dose along with my antibiotic. After the first dose, in the AM or the next day I had to call the rescue since I had nausea, my hearbeat was increasing and I had cold sweat and felt I was going to faint. I tried the second dose and I had the same symptoms so before I end up in the ER with an allergic reaction, I stopped taking it. People with antecedents of allegies to other types of medications, should try it first and make sure you don't get a reaction.