Qualaquin User Reviews

Qualaquin - User Reviews

Qualaquin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Qualaquin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I TOOK QUINNINE FOR YEARS, THEN IT WAS CHANGED TO QUALAQUIN. IT IS THE BEST RELIEF I GET FROM THE MOST DEBILITATING LEG, ANKLE AND FEET CRAMPS.

Related Reading: QUALAQUIN

Comment from: iamstarone, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

Qualaquin consisting of 30 capsules 324 ng were prescribed because of the consistent leg cramps that I experienced nightly. I was told to take one capsule by mouth every night at bedtime. I was given this prescription with two refills. The first 30 capsules went well, and did alleviate my nightly cramps. Within a week of starting my second refill, and this happened from one day to the next, I noticed red blotches on both arms, very tender to the touch. They looked as if someone had fought with me, and left dark black and blue marks on my arm. This happened on a Sunday, while I was volunteering for a few hours, seated. On Monday morning I called my Internist and was asked to go to his office immediately. Blood was drawn for a blood test, the result of which I shall have tomorrow. However my Internist believes that the condition was caused by the Qualaquin, and mentioned that it probably is a Purpura Quinine condition. I can't find the word Purpura anywhere. Perhaps I shall learn more tomorrow. The blotches hurt so much, that when the Doctor went to lift my arm to take my blood pressure I actually cried out loud at the pain caused by his touch. I have read the FDA crack down on the use of this drug, and have printed a copy of my Doctor.

Comment from: JohnF, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I have been taking this pill for about a month now and I can honestly say I have not had a leg cramp, back spasms,or muscle ache. I use to get them so bad I would have to go to the hospital by ambulance. I do have a little tender spots on my legs and arms but I can deal with that better than cramps.

Comment from: Crampy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

Despite FDA warnings this drug has eliminated my "SEVERE" leg cramps at night. Two of my doctors, including my heart doctor, have approved this medication for me. There have been no negative side affects thus far.

Comment from: potshack, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 24

Having suffered very severe leg cramps for years, my doctor prescribed this drug with outstanding results.......no leg cramps. Now, I am not able to get it as my insurance company had refused to refill my prescription. If the drug company needs me as a test/trial person, please call me.....now the nightly cramps are returning no matter how much water I drink or how many bananas I eat.

Comment from: lhalstead, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 04

I used quidine and it worked very well for me. I have leg cramps that are excrusiating. I finally talked my doctor into writing me a prescription and he wrote it for Qualaquin. Which I realize it is the bran name. I have tried all week to find someone that will call the insurance co. and get it pre authorized.

Comment from: sierragold, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I experience frequent nocturnal leg/foot cramps which are severe and take 20+ minutes to subside. This can happen 2-3 times a night. My doctor prescribed quinine sulfate which I took for 7-8 years -- with NO side effects! I took one tablet before going to bed on nights when cramps were most likely to occur - and rarely experienced cramps those nights. If I had not taken a pill and had a cramp, the quinine pill would make it stop within 5 minutes. I have been unable to get the medication for the last two years and continue to battle frequent leg cramps no matter how much water I drink or how much I stretch. I, like many others who know how well it works, would be more than happy to be part of a study on the effectiveness of quinine with leg cramps. Everyone I know who has used it for that purpose experienced immediate relief from cramps. I keep hearing that the FDA says it is not effective for cramps. They need to get a copy of these comments and/or talk with some of us. IT WORKS!!!

Comment from: Dan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 24

I had been taking quinine for cramps. The cramps I get are not localized in the legs. I got them under the rib cage, neck, under the jaw, arches of the feet and sides. I can't recall all the various places I got them. Went through the same thing, Quinine not allowed. One Doctor wrote me a script for Qualaquin and have had no further problems.... couple of cramps a month but nothing like I did have. This DOES work and I would be glad to participate in clinical trials, using Qualaquin for cramps!

Comment from: kiwi, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

I have nerve damage from a back condition, 10 years ago,that cause cramps in my left foot during the night. I was getting cramps 2 to 6 times each night.They have stopped.If the FDA says that this medication does not help with cramps , they need to use me as a test case! My health insurence company is giving me a hard time ,saying that they won't pay for it, for cramps. I am looking at getting my RX filled at a Canadian RX on line.