Qualaquin User Reviews

Qualaquin - User Reviews

Qualaquin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Qualaquin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: IZ, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 06

I use this drug on a as needed basis for muscle crfamps due to fibromyalgia and it works better than any other avaliable options. The only-small- drawback is the salty taste it sometimes leaves in your mouth.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: patfree, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 02

have taken quinine of one sort for over 10 years. When I had to stop because it was not approved, leg cramps caused many sleepless nights. When I finally was able to get qualaquin, the first capsul taken resulted in a good night's sleep with no cramps. My doctor did the required EKG to enable him to write the prescription, but now my insurance company says I must have malaria before I can get the drug. I have done everything suggested to relieve the cramps, from exercises, stretching, etc, but nothing else works. I don't know what kind of sleepless nights I will have when I run out of the drug.

Related Reading: sleep | malaria

Comment from: sile, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 02

My rheumatologist suggested this for leg cramps many years ago. I went off it recently because of the restrictions but it is the ONLY medicine that helps. I went back on it 5 days ago and I have had no cramps since I took the first one. (Actually, I didn't think it would work, but the cramps just disappeared.)

Comment from: granny2g, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

Medication was given for foot cramps at night. I still have them, but not as bad.

Comment from: BooKoo, 65-74 (Patient) Published: October 11

I have had severe foot cramps for years and my doctor prescribed Quinine Sulfate which was like a miracle drug. Within 30 minutes of taking it, the cramps would stop. When they took the plain old Quinine off the market and substituted Qualaquin, I switched to that and it has worked just as well. First, I can't understand why they took the GENERIC Quinine Sulfate off the market when the BRAND NAME Qualaquin is the same drug but in a higher strength. It is yet another example of pharmaceutical companies ripping off patients. Like all of the others who've commented, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to participate in clinical trials so that foot/leg cramps could be listed as a LABELED use of Qualaquin. So far I haven't had a problem getting my prescription filled and my doctor said he was surprised that my insurance company (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) had not contacted him to see if I had malaria. HOWEVER, I am now on Medicare and I haven't had to get it filled yet but will try today. I will post what happens with my Medicare RX drug plan and this drug. All I can say is that, if I'm not able to get this, I will REALLY be in a mess. I checked the prices in Canada and it was REALLY expensive at the Canadian pharmacy that I use for a few other drugs.

Comment from: W. BARKER, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

I have had leg cramps for years, the dr. prescribed qualaquin and it has worked with no side affects, and I'M very satisfied

Comment from: regnu, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I have taken this medication for about 2 yrs and do not have any leg cramps. my cardiologist is recommending that i take it.

Comment from: brendasue, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 04

I had severe leg and foot cramps which would last for 20 minutes plus. 10 years ago or so my dr. put me on Quinine and it worked great! No more cramps. Then the drug went UP in price. Could still get it because I had good insurance. Now I don't know what will happen. Husband lost job=no insurance. I do have Medicare, but don't know from reading if it will be covered. I would also be willing to participate in a study. NOthing else has helped. I saved up by taking just every other night, but on nights with no qualiquin I would usually get cramps.

Comment from: EB, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 15

I have used Quinine Sulfate & Qualaquin for leg cramps for at least 30 years. I took one every night. It worked great. If I would wake up with leg cramps after over using certain muscles. My husband had the routine down pat. He would bring me a Qualaquin or which ever name it had. Within minutes it would go away. I would agree to take part in a study for this. My current ins. refuses to pay for this medication for leg cramps.