Questran User Reviews

Questran - User Reviews

Questran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Questran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: NoMoreTummyTroubles, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

Same as alot of the other stories...had my gallbladder out two years ago. Couldn't eat or drink anything (and I mean ANYTHING) without suffering from instant and horrible stomache cramps and diarreha. Avoided eating all day until I was home. Avoided lunches and dinners out at restaurants. Was finally prescribed Questran. Was disappointed for the first week and thought it wouldn't work, just like all the other drugs doctors had prescribed. Saw wonderful results after the first week and now it works great. I take one dose in the morning and feel great all day. Can eat and drink whatever and whenever I want. Have been taking for 2 months and have not had a single episode of diarreha (and believe me, I've tried every trigger food I could think of!) Only side effect I've had alittle trouble with is gas. Definately easier to handle than diarreha! Try it...stick with it, even if you don't see results immedately.

Related Reading: Questran

Comment from: Summitwolff, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 07

I had my Gallbladder removed in 1947 and for over twenty years I put up with the worst Diarrhea, No Doctor was able to help me until about 1970, When, luckily for me I found this Doctor who had experimented in his studies with Questran and prescribed it for me. After the first doses of 4g/day my problem was resolved, I got my life back. no more diarrhea for close to forty years, unless I forget to take it. I never had any side effects. I am 83 years old and ready to share any additional information if so desired. Good Luck

Related Reading: Diarrhea

Comment from: richdreams, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I started taking Questran Oral due to problems after having my gallbladder removed. Within minutes of eating I would have to rush to the bathroom with extreme cramping and diarrhea. I hadn't been able to go out to eat with my family. This has been fabulous. Taste leaves a lot to be desired, but without the pain and embarrassment I can overlook that.

Comment from: sportsfan, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 28

I also used this after gallbladder removal. After the surgery i became increasingly limited in activity after eating lunch every day and needing to be near a bathroom. This drug changed my life and allowed me to live normally again. I only take 1/2 packet each night-- less than the prescribed dose, but it does the trick. For the taste, I mix it with V8 Diet Splash Tropical Orange and can't taste the medicine at all.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 21

Use it to bind with excess liver bile caused by a bowel resection because of Crohn's Disease. Taken properly, it stops the diarrhea. The lower cholesterol is just a plus.

Related Reading: liver | Crohn's Disease | cholesterol

Comment from: 1234, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 28

My husband was prescribed this medication a few years ago for chronic diarrhea and has not had diarrhea since! He finds that if he puts the medication with water in an empty jelly jar and then shakes it up instead of stirring it, it is much easier to drink.

Comment from: Poops, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

I had chronic diarrhea for six years, I now take Questran every morning and my life has changed for the better. I no longer have to worry about where the nearest bathroom is.

Comment from: relieved, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

My stomach dr. recommended this for my chronic diarrhea after having my gallbladder removed, which was ruining my life. I do have IBS and dumping syndrome though but it hasn't bothered me really since I've been taking this. It works for me, but I only take half a packet because that's all I can stand and it's still very effective at that dose. I'm thinking about using a little less of it because it does tend to make me blocked up when I take it every day. I did find a way to make it taste bearable, because it's really gritty, by mixing it with 4-6 oz. of juice. Trying to drink a full glass with the powder is hard for me so using the bare minimum of fluid worked even better because I was able to finish it faster and didn't have to dread drinking the entire cup.

Comment from: Freedom22, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

I always had stomach issues since the time I was a child, some due to foods reactions, some due to stress, at 31 I had to have my gallbladder removed. As anyone knows, having IBS or chronic diarreah is humilating and it stifels your life. I came to this site because my doctor wanted to put me on this medicine. She said it had changed people's lives. I read the reviews and decided....what the heck. My biggest fear was that it would trigger a reaction. I was really afraid when I saw it was orange flavored. I can't drink orange juice, unless I want to spend the next 24 hours in the bathroom. But the orange "flavor" did not effect me. This medicine has changed my life so much. I can not even begin to tell you. If you are living with chronic IBS, you really should try this. It will help. I needed to share my experience because I had resolved myself to the fact that I would suffer forever. This is not the same as immodium, where you might have several more episodes....This stops it! Try it.....you have nothing to lose. I take only 1 package a day. If I feel a little constipated, I don't take it on my day off when I can monitor things...but I am back on it the next day. I can't imagine not having it now.

Related Reading: stress

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.